Battle For The Heart - Soobin x Reader x Sunoo

A/N: If you don't know Sunoo he's a member of Enhypen who is very cute and sweet. For a reference of what he looks like if you don't know look him up and maybe check out Enypen <3. I had fun writing this and still wanted to share it even if it isn't only TxT.

I sigh looking in the mirror at the dress my parents picked out for me. I enjoy dressing up sometimes but this was way out of my comfort zone.

What started all of this is the invitation to a masked ball from the palace that the princes from neighboring kingdoms are looking for a bride. A prince from the kingdom of Everlasting who's known for his height and supposedly handsome yet adorably cute face. He has the natural instincts for leading a country which makes everyone want to be by his side, most likely only wanting to be with him for power rather than the man he is. But some say he's known to be cold to people due to the cold climate he lives in. Meanwhile the other prince from the kingdom of Fever is supposedly the cutest human to ever exist on this earth. He's the second prince in line for the throne so most don't go after him for his power yet that doesn't stop those who go after him for his money. The kingdom of Fever is the richest in the land which is why all the girls swoon over him more for his money than anything. His kindness is the thing people focus on the most saying he got it from the warm environment he lives in.

But currently the tight dress hugging my curves leaves little to zero room in my waist for room to breathe occupies my mind more, "mom is this really necessary?"

"Yes honey, we need to have them notice you for your stunning figure as well as amazing personality," my mom compliments tightening a corset around my waist. I let out a cough from the feeling of air getting squeezed out of me.

"Okay I get it mom but please let me breathe at least," I try to reason as she sighs before giving in and tying the laces of the corset at the current tightness, "thank you."

"Now remember that if you can't find a suitor we're going to have to find one for you ourselves," my mom warns, trying to encourage me to find someone that I'd be willing to marry at this ball. Sadly it worked to some extent because I'm scared of who my parents would pick for a suitor. The best case scenario would be staying single the rest of my life but that's never going to happen in this family.

"Alright mom, I promise by the end of the night that I'll attempt to have someone in mind to marry," I reply which my mom sighs in relief at from the possibility of a little effort on my end.

Carefully she takes the silver silk gloves off the bed and helps me put them on. The gloves accenting the silver dress I was wearing and white glitter corset. Next to where the gloves were is a white mask attached with silver feathers covering the upper half of my face that compliments the outfit perfectly. My mom hands it to me carefully and smiles brightly, "you've grown up so much."

"Geez mom, no need to get emotional. It's just a ball, I'll be back by midnight," I say, putting the mask on my face gently in order not to ruin it. My mom smiles softly and wipes fake tears which I giggle at.

"You can come back later than that you know," mom tries to convince me to stay out later knowing I never go out, "what happens if you meet someone you really like?"

"Well I guess they'll have to find me or I'll have to find them after this ball," I retort as my mom shakes her head.

"Y/n please just-"

"Miss Y/n your carriage has arrived," the butler states in the doorway to my room.

"Thank you," I replied not before giving mom a quick hug, "I'll be going now."

The carriage waiting outside glowed under the night from the fairy lights that dangled from the top of the carriage. The coachman sits regally on the seat waiting for my presence, his hands holding onto the reins of the horses. A footman waits beside the carriage door ready to open it for me when I come. I'll admit I'm excited to ride in a carriage as I've only ever done it a handful of times. Riding in this carriage will probably be the most exciting thing I'll experience tonight.