Mothers day // reader x Florence

Florence Pugh

Reader: 13

Words: 2033

y/n's school arranges a Mother's Day making y/n feeling a bit left out. Not having a real mother in her life isn't always easy but she's got Florence to rescue

Y/n pov:

I'm living with my father and my father only. My mom has never been in my life but I don't need her anyways. Me and my dad are best friends and I wouldn't want it any other way. Though sometimes it's kind of hard not having a mom.

I mean I am a woman and not having a mom in some situations can be really frustrating. But me and my dad are fine. And being an actress gets you the opportunity to work with so many great actresses that I can look up to and find a mother figure in. Florence is one of them.

Though she's waaaay to young to be my mother she is like one to me. She's always making sure I'm okay and safe and she treats me like her kind of daughter or little sister. She's very protective if I put it in that way. There's no way in hell she'd let anyone ever hurt me.

So I got everything I need. Right? I'm perfectly fine without a mother. And dad is a perfect parent in every way.

I'm right now sitting in my last class for the day. I'm not currently filming and in the meantime dad wants me to attend to a real school and when I'm filming I get a private tutor on set. Works great for me because in that way I can keep my friends in school and have a great bond with them and still keep up with acting when I'm filming and keep all my focus there.

Im sitting and chatting with my friends since the teacher in this class is so chill anyways. He doesn't really care a long as we pass the course. I look at the clock and see that there's 10 minutes more of the lesson. All I want to do right now is to finish this lesson because after this, dad is driving me to Florence's filming set.

I have been there a few times only because I play an extra in the movie. But I haven't seen Florence those times and it was a very long time since I saw her last so I'm very pumped to get to see her again.

"Mr. Walker, can we pleeeeeeease end the lesson a little earlier today" I ask in my nicest tone earning a bunch of yeses from the class.

"Hmm, okay y/n I can agree on that. You all have been working good today so I think I can compromise"

Fyi I don't think anyone has really worked today and if anybody did, mr. Walker wouldn't know because he's been on his phone the whole lesson but I think he also wants to go home so I don't complain.

"Oh right there's one thing though I have to inform everyone about tomorrow." He says while standing up and starting to hand out some papers.

"As many of you may now, this weekend it's Mother's Day so the school has arranged a Mother's Day here at school. Tomorrow is going to be take your mother to school day and for the whole day your mother is going to spend the time with you. Going to every lesson with you and everything that follows" he explains while handing out the papers.

I get a weird feeling. A lump in my stomach. As I've said, I'm fine being without a mom. But seeing everyone else with their mom tomorrow is going to make me sad and I just know it.

Mr. Walker dismisses us and everyone starts walking out. I put down the flyer in my bag and head out me too. I go straight to my dads car that's standing outside the school. I get in the front seat and throw my bag into the backseat rather harshly.

"Hi baby girl" dad says as I close the door. "Hi" I answer quickly taking on my seatbelt. "Want to tell your old man what's wrong?" He says looking at me with a sympathetic smile.