Big sis flo / reader x florence

Florence Pugh

Reader- 16

Words: 1893

Warnings : mention of alcoholism, abuse, panic attack, violence.
If you notice anything else you want a warning for please let me know
Please don't read if you get triggered by the warnings❤️

After a fight with your mom Florence helps you feel better

Your POV:
I wake up and look at the clock. 10.am. It's Saturday and I have no plans whatsoever for this day. I'm just gonna watch movies and walk around in pyjamas all day long.

I just live with my mom. I don't have any siblings and my dad isn't in the picture. For the matter of fact I don't even know who my dad is. All I know is that my mom and him were together for a couple of years before she got pregnant with me. When she told dad about the pregnancy he immediately tried to make mom do an abortion. But when she refused he left and that's all I know. I don't know his name and if I'm being honest I don't really want to know it anyway.
I'm not really bothered about not having a dad cause I've never known how it is to have one. My mom has never had a boyfriend so it's always been just me and her.

Don't get me wrong I love my mom and I'm so grateful and happy for everything she have done for me. But the dad thing has hit harder for her. Her copying mechanism is drinking. And she is easily affected so one glass of wine and she's already drunk. It goes in waves when she drinks a lot and not so much. This week has been a good week, she hasn't really been drinking anything at all, well until now.

I go up to the kitchen to make myself some hot chocolate. Mom is already up. She's sitting in the couch watching tv. When I'm finished in the kitchen I take my hot chocolate with me and go to mom.
"Good morning mom" I say as I look at her.
I get a strange feeling in my stomach when I see her face. She's been drinking again... I can see it on her face when she does. Her eyes is tired like she's not been sleeping for a week and I can't really describe it but her face just looks completely different. I glance over to the table and see an empty glass. "Good morning honey" she answer me. Now I really have to think about what I'm saying. Cause the thing is when she gets drunk she gets angry. And she is very easily irritated. So one wrong thing I say and she's going to start an argument. And she can make everything I say into an argument. So I decided to not ask her if she's been drinking, she's just gonna deny it anyway. I go to my room and lock the door. This has happened so many times before so I know what to do when she gets like this. If I don't bother her, she can't bother me.

After about three hours I come out from my room again in hopes that my mom would be a little more sober. I get out to the kitchen and seeing mom still sitting in the couch watching tv. "Have you made anything for lunch?"I ask "Have I made anything for lunch?!" She says clearly more drunk before and very angry. I sense I made a mistake and that I should not have said that, but that's too late now. "Can't you do anything yourself?! I do everything in this household and you never do anything for me!" She continues and at this point she's screaming. "I have to EVERYTHING for you, clean up, make food, drive you everywhere! What are you three?" She continues yelling.

This is her go to argument. Whatever I say and whatever we fight about always gonna end with her bringing up how I don't do anything for her. It's just getting annoying at this point. Cause she never recognise when I really do stuff. I often do the dishes till she comes home and clean my room, but suddenly when we are arguing those things don't matter anymore and everything I do just have never happened.

"I'm sorry mom I just asked you if you hade done something to eat I never said you have to do something" I say in a calm voice trying to calm her down and trying to not make anything worse. "Well I have not done anything for you to eat and since you want to be a baby and don't do anything for yourself I guess I have to do it AGAIN" she starts walking to the kitchen opening the fridge and taking out whatever she was going to make. She slam down the ingredients on the kitchen counter and starts ripping up the plastic on the potato bag. "MOM STOP IT! I said you don't have to do anything I can do it myself! Just don't be so angry" she ignores me and starts cutting up the carrots. At this point I'm starting to get scared, she's so harshly with everything and I'm starting to back off.
She then takes out a glass from one of the kitchen cabinets and smash it on to the kitchen table so the glass breaks. "FUCK" she yells frustrated.