Chapter 5

Tuesday, October 30th, 1984

Diving into the next few weeks I got closer with Will, not so much the rest of them. Although the kid with curly hair, Dustin, looked up to me as a somewhat "hero" he still had some problems with me. I felt left out most of the time I hung out with them, even though Will always tried to make me feel like I was included or needed.

Onto my wound, it didn't scar as bad as I thought it would, just a wee one not noticeable unless you really searched like a thought you once lost and it randomly came to you whilst trying to sleep, a few days later.

This morning had started out strong. With the group planning to wear their ghostbusters costumes tomorrow, and me not having anything to wear for Halloween I expected to just go in plain clothing was fine.

Being 12 almost 13 I felt like I was old enough to just buy a bag of assorted candy at a general store and eat it at home with Eddie and Wayne. But I really wanted friends besides Eddie so I didn't have to bug anyone at the trailer all of the time. So I decided to go as Slimer. The green ghost that eats all of that food and covers them in, you know, "slime". Just covered in dark green clothes appropriate for the chilly weather.

There happened to be a new girl and said her name was Max. She arrived a few days ago but it was her first day here. At school. In the classroom learning of classes that won't matter until next year.

Anyways I wanted to talk to her but the guys where planning on talking to her. I don't know why they're so sneaky though, they can just walk up to her. Sure, she might look scary, but is she really? You'll never know unless you actually get your fat ass up and let English words fly out of your mouth.

When I got home after school I had tried my absolute hardest to find anything green. Did I find anything. Absolutely not. But that means I'm going as is and say I'm going as myself.

Wednesday, October 31, 1984

The next morning I had gotten to school and everyone else was in their costumes, but with two Venkman's. I stood behind them as they argued about why Mike should be Venkman and not Lucas. To me it didn't matter as long as everyone was ok with it in the end.

Well, Mike was still skittish on him, and only him, being Venkman.

The bells had rung for students to be stabbing each other with their with their elbows like a jousting tournament in the medieval times. Only to find out that nobody else was wearing costumes.

"At least you guys don't have to change into your costumes after school." I spoke hopefully lightening the mood.

"Assholes, why's nobody in their costumes. They did last year." Whisper yelled Dustin. I hated to feel left out and unheard, but just dealt with it and stepped back even further behind the group.

They all tread inside the classroom, getting odd looks from everyone. I head to the back with Will.

Words: 546