Chapter 6

October 31, 1984
Nighttime

Later through the thickened night things got more and more strange. Will had told me that him and the group had almost got ran over by Max's older brother as they rode home. I felt bad and pondered the question of what if? What if he was drunk, high, crazy, or had fallen completely off of his rocker? None of those are good scenarios.

After I had gotten into my costume, Eddie and Wayne tried continually to try and capture an at least "decent" photograph of me and wouldn't let me free of these shackles we call memories. We had plenty of shared laughs and giggles. Will and them made me feel peace and comfort. Or what can come close to it. I do hope that we share plenty more.

The lengthy journey continues and I'm handing all of my unwanted candy to the quad. Candy is good but for me it gets to a certain point and I can't have anymore. Even doughnuts are too sweet.

"BWAH!"

An absolutely terrible Michael Myers costume hops out and almost makes me drop a shit the size of a newborn.

Us, terrified and screaming for our lives were ready and armed with pillowcases 1/3rd of the way full and with the weight of a small band instrument. Our weapons swung back and-

"Relax, oh god you should see how you guys looked just then." It was muffled Max. She had gripped the front of the mask and ripped it off. We had all let out several horrified breaths. She looked at me. I felt like I was competition just then.

Now everyone in the group was staring me down. She slowly walked toward me, which only made it more intimidating. I had no curtains to the windows of my soul and she was staring right in.

A pre speech gulp enraged within my esophagus "Hi, I'm Max," but she spoke first, "I've overheard them talking about you," She turned around as I stared with her to the boys whom where literally talking about us behind our back, "a lot." Her face drooped to an upset crescent with wonderful crinkles shaping her eyes.

Although throughout the next hour people kept making fun of Will, for whatever reason, we kept walking and murmuring when Will started to steady his out of place breathing. 'Was he going to cry? What for? On Halloween? Who the hell thinks they're the shit?' Will being behind me with Mike I had figured he was going to calm him down so I didn't bother with anything. No help was needed.

The most nightmarish scream erupted behind us. One where the girly main character of a slasher film final dies and finds out who it was before a more grim death. And then Will sprang up behind us and hid behind a pillar of a house. Still screaming, Mike tried furiously to calm him down and the only ones who seemed to be out of place where me and Max.

Words: 507