Chapter 7

Continued...

A solid twenty minutes had passed as Will had been calming down, unsteadily breathing, Max and I had turned around on the porch to run through our thoughts together. We had previously been standing in awe and confusion and didn't want to feel as if we had intruded on a private dressing room in the middle of a clothing store.

We both popped squat "They don't tell me anything, let me to get close! I'm surprised you're close to Will and they let you. Why do they let you?" She whisper yelled. It seemed almost in a joking way and almost harsh friendly jealousy.

"I'm surprised too, genuinely! And they don't even let me get that close. Will barely lets me know anything although I think it's mostly Mike making him." I whispered back and stopped with enough time to hear the guys' costumes shuffle on over my way to Max and I.

Max had begun to look over at the moving group. Mike's skinny ass finger made two harsh taps on the verge of my left shoulder, almost as if he was an immature 3rd grader who got bamboozled by a sophomore that girls had cooties.

I had used pressure on my knees from my hands to leverage myself up and shift my vision toward him. "Is he ok? What was wrong?" mentioning to Will. I didn't want him to feel pressured to answer just know that I would help him if he needed it.

With a meek Will behind him, Mike had muttered, "Yeah he's fine, I just think he needs some rest." His voice stern and ugly. I scoffed. 'As if I was supposed to feel lucky in his presence. Like hell I do. I'd rather hang out with everyone but you."

We had all decided to head our own ways home, each one of us leaving until it was just me, alone. Dragging my feet through the brown mud covered leaves, feet aching for sweet relief of pressure. I had eventually made it to the entrance of the trailer park with bright yellow-orange tinted lights with those tiny moths and flies. A tired sigh released from my lips as I realized I wasn't done with my journey. The pillowcase of treats I had earned throughout the Hallows Eve night had been filled, with the exception of Milky-ways, the chocolate Duds, and other chocolates.

An exhausted sigh escaped my lips as I reached for the knob. The deep purple bags under my eyes sagging more than ever. My mouth incapable of uttering a plain greeting to Wayne and Eddie. Wayne saying a hello and as Eddie got up and turned from the couch he walked over.

"How was it, Slick Ranger." Eddie sputtered out an utterly nonsense name which wasn't mine.

Not a hum came from my mouth, just a quiet thumbs up. 'I for sure hated the nickname, though I'll ask him tomorrow about it.' And with the pillow case dragging on the floor to the left side I made it to the bedroom and started to wash off all of the grime and almost set in dirt around my ankles where my jeans had stopped and cuffed. A warm shower is what I need so I can rest my eyes.

And as I came out with pajamas and my nightly routine done, Eddie sat on his bed in his pajamas looking at me with sympathy. I figured I needed to communicate so I spoke.

"Why do you look so sad?" I asked in response to his dreadfully sad face.

"Do they not like you? Was tonight terrible?" Eddie sounded sad, but not for him.

"No it was fine. Just one of the kids, Will, was being bullied and wanted to go home early."

"Oh, you just looked sad and thought you didn't have a good Halloween, and wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm glad you are though."

"I'm glad and thank you. I'm not close with any of the kids but I'm getting closer. Thats good, right." I asked as I tucked into my comforter and sheets.

Eddie had climbed out of his bed and calmly walked over to put out the lights.

"Oh yeah, definitely. Slick." That cocky bastard added the cheesy nickname and we giggled at his hilarious statement.

Words: 723
Hello I have no reason to put The Black Phone images on my chapters and I just feel like it. If you guys want the discord link, it's in my announcements. Also thank you guys 🥰