Chapter 8

November 1st, 1984

Class had been incredibly boring. But Max had decided to drag me along after class to the AV Club room. Dustin wanted to show us something after class, something that, as he put it, "couldn't wait." 'I'll have to tell Eddie where I am so he can wait or drive home and I'll walk. No, last night was brutal.'

Before they opened the door I intervened and told them I needed to tell 'Big Ol' Ed' that I would walk home.
"Okay, we'll wait for you," Dustin said with a wide grin as he unlocked the door. Leaving my backpack I began walking. I had thought 'Home? Did I really call that place my home. I mean they did show me more comfort than the other houses that I've lived in.'

In a small amount of time I was beside the van talking with Ed in the driver seat. And when I had asked him if I could stay he said, "No." 'Damn I really wanted to stay.'

Somewhat surprisingly the student parking lot of the high school was almost devoid of any cars or people. I had let out an exhausted sigh before telling him, "Okay, I'll just run back and get my stuff and come back out here."

When I say I ran, I RAN back to get my stuff. Even though I knew he wouldn't I didn't want him to leave without me. My shoes squeaked as I stopped, almost falling, by the AV room. Noticing my stuff wasn't by the door immediately, I just opened the door. A big bright bulb encased my vision and the blinding light made my pupils rapidly shrink.

"Aagghhh, what th-" I was interrupted by Dustin saying sorry and asking if I got a 'yes'. I responded with an I didn't and I promised to hang out next time. I walked quickly back, breathing through my nose to make sure I didn't get any cramps.

Eddie just had to make fun of my exhaustion and drove off.

Words: 396
I am terribly sorry for not putting this chapter out. And I'm sorry that it isn't longer, as I am in a bad headspace in the moment and mentally deteriorating. I hope this doesn't keep you from reading anymore of this story and hope you have a great day you lumpish hell-hated hugger-muggers.