Subject: The Captain [1]

LOG TEN
Date: 10/11
Time: 8:53 PM
Dr. Beck Remediis
(they/them)
Lead Medic of Invincible II

SUBJECT(S): The Captain

SECTION: N/A

TEXT:

Today I finally caught the Captain and got them to come into the Med-Bay. They'd been busy after that USA agent arrived last week and I barely caught sight of them since. Speaking of, I couldn't find Mark either. Well, the two were probably together with whatever they were doing. Makes sense. Anyway, I found the Captain in their office and said that I needed to speak with them. They'd motioned for me to sit but I asked them to come with me to the Med-Bay. At first I thought I'd have to find some more reasons to convince them, but to my surprise the Captain stood and followed me out of the building.

When we arrived in the Med-Bay, I brought them into my office and grabbed the console on the way. I had to let them know what the crew members had experienced. It caused a sinking feeling in my stomach but I knew it had to be done. I shut the door after they sat down and I opened the logs as I sat across from them.

"Captain, I know you're keeping secrets from the crew."

Their expression changed, their eyes wide and shoulders tensing up. However, they said nothing and let me continue.

"Multiple crew members have admitted to me about having some kind of dreams or visions, and while it hasn't gotten to this point yet, they will eventually begin to affect them so severely that they won't be able to tell what's real and what isn't anymore. In these dreams and visions, there are some key details that are always the same: they're on the Invincible II, Mark is there, and you have something to do with what happens in them."

It was then that the Captain began to shift in their seat. It was enough to make me want to apologize and move past it; I'm not heartless, and I could tell by their expression that the memories weighed on them. Looking down at the console, I went on.

"When that agent came by last week, everyone realized that something went on during the trip here. And I guess I just need to know, on behalf of the crew members who've come to me about the dreams, and for any others who haven't yet, what happened up there?"

The Captain sighed and rubbed their eyes. Their shoulders slumped and released the tension, however the action made them look defeated. Once again I consider ending the conversation and pretend that it never happened. Before I can, they spoke.

Unbeknownst to the crew, except Mark, something had actually gone wrong on the journey to this planet. That something was just about every single thing. The Captain and Mark had woken up and the computer informed them that the ship's status was catastrophic. Then the window on the bridge broke and Mark was rushed out into space before the window is sealed shut. The bridge caught on fire and oxygen levels plummeted. That was just the start of what the Captain went through.

Something I didn't know was how many universes and timelines the Captain had been a part of. And how many times they died. They explained that the reason the crew members were having those dreams and visions is because they aren't either of those things. They're memories.

Suddenly everything's making a lot of sense.

From what I remember, these are just a portion of universes/timelines that they experienced:

—The Captain tried to trick the faulty ADS drones by wearing a disguised but they still killed him