Chapter 31

Everything was going normally till one day. Anuneet were in kitchen. AD and AM were sitting in hall.

AD: Hnn wo suno

AM: Jii boliye

AD: College mein exams shuru hone wale hai Avu. To uske forms and all bharne hai

AM: Hnn to?

AD: Hnn abhi bhar deta hu phir late ho jaega. Online hi bharna hai

AM: To bhar dijie na

AD: Uske pichle exams mein marks wagera chahie. To mujhe achhe se yaad nhi hai. Tum uski purani marksheet lado mujhe. Mein dekh kar bher deta

AM: Achha theek hai. Abhi lekar aati hu

AD nodded and opened up the website of the college and started filling other details while AM went in Avu's room. She opened her almirah and was finding her marksheets. She found the file of marksheets.

AM: Hash mil gayi

She took out the file and found the marksheet of last exams. She was about to keep rest of the file back.

Outside AD was waiting for her.

AD: Kaha reh gyi ye?

He asked herself. He waited for sometime but she didn't come.

AD: Khud hi dekh kar aata hu

He went to Avu's room. Here AM was about to keep the file back but her eyes felt on some papers. She took them out.

AM: Ye papers kya hai? Aur aese chhupa yha kyu rakhe hue hai isne?

She opened up one of them and started reading. Her eyes widened reading them. AD came there.

AD: Kya hua? Itna time kyu laga dia? Marksheet nhi mili kya? Avneet se poochle

But he didn't get any reply.

AD: Arre kya hua? Aur ye paper kya hai?

AM: Wo darasal ye...

She said stuttering.

AD: Kya hua?

He asked narrowing his eyes.

AM: Ye paper...

AD: Kya likha hai isme?

He asked in a cold and stern voice as if ordering her to speak. But no words came out of her mouth. But instead tears rolled down her eyes. AD lost his patience and snatched away the paper from her. AM was not able to understand anything. Tears were continuously rolling down her eyes. AD read the it and crushed the paper in anger. His eyes were red with anger and he was gritting his teeth.

Anuneet were in kitchen teasing and pulling each other's leg along with cooking dinner. They were laughing not knowing what is coming.

AD left Avu's room in anger and furiously went in kitchen. AM ran behind her. They went to kitchen. Anuneet's backs were facing them so they didn't see her yet. They were talking to each other joyfully. Here AD's anger was going out of control. He walked inside. AM was behind him. He held Avu from shoulder and turned her towards him with a jerk. Anu also turned around and was confused what is going on.

Anu: Papa....

She was cut off by a tight slap on her sister's face. Anu's eyes widened and she covered her mouth in confusion and horror. She shivered seeing her father's anger. Avu kept her hand slowly on her cheek processing what just happened. Slap was so tight that it left a mark of hand on her cheek. Her eyes filled with tears. She looked at AD with those tearful eyes.

Anu: Papa ye sab kya ho raha hai?

She asked stuttering.

AD: Chup. Ek aur awaaz nhi. Warna ek ulte haath ka tamacha tumhare muhh par bhi maaroonga

He shouted at her that shivers ran down her spine because of fear. Even she was in tears. AD said pointing finger on Anu. She immediately looked down. Avu was still looking at her father with those tearful eyes with a question "why". Though he was strict, cold and what not. He never raised a hand on his daughters till date. Although they had got their mom's scoldings and some slaps since childhood which was normal for any child but this was first time her father slapped her and so harshly. This was so traumatic for both the sisters. Though the slap was for Avu but it shooked both of them from inside. More scared was Anu out of two.

To be continued

Stay tuned for next chapter