Episode 1

Prologue

August 26, 2016

"Josie, you look so pretty!" Anna squealed. The little four year old was clapping her hands, her little white dress bouncing as she did.

I looked in the mirror once more, and couldn't help but agree with my sister. The dress was a nude color, and the top half was completely covered in sparkles.

It was the alphas eighteenth birthday tonight, which was the night he would find his mate. Everyone was excited because as soon as he found his mate, he would officially become alpha.

"Come on Anna, let's go downstairs," I smiled, grabbing my sister and propping her up on my hip. My mom, dad, and younger brother were sitting in the kitchen, my brother stuffing his face with cookies.

"Oh Josie, you look so pretty," my mom gasped. My dad came over and gave me a hug, kissing my forehead.

"Daddy!" Anna squealed. My dad stole her from my arms and she started to giggle as he ran into the living room.

"Be careful Blake! Don't ruin her dress!" My mom called out, but she was laughing at the playfulness.

"Where's Kylie?" I asked Kyle, sitting down next to him and taking one of the cookies.

"She's still getting ready," he said. Kylie, my younger sister and Kyle's twin, was an amazing makeup artist. Beauty and fashion was her life, and when it came down to that, it had to be perfect.

"Well at least she'll look amazing," I laughed, finishing off my cookie.

Soon enough, Kylie came downstairs, beautiful as ever in the strapless pink dress she was wearing. "Oh honey you look beautiful!" My mom gushed, going over to hug her.

"Thanks mom," Kylie said. "Are we ready to go?" She turned to Kyle and I. We both nodded a yes, so we got our stuff together and left, after my mom took a million pictures.

I didn't know it then, but tonight was the night that the biggest challenge I had ever faced would hit me.

***

August 26, 2016

"You guys go have fun, you don't need to hang out with me the whole night," I urged the twins, playfully shooing them away. Their eyes had been lingering on their friends since we got here, and I didn't want to ruin their night. My best friend Meghan came up and joined me, gushing over how pretty I look.

"You look so pretty too! The color of your dress really makes your eyes pop," I complimented, yet it was true. The black dress made her big green eyes really stand out, but her long, thick lashes might have helped a little too.

"Thank you," she said happily, pulling me in for a hug. "Did you hear that Alyssa found her mate!" She squealed.

"Yes! She called me about it last night. He's the beta of the River Water pack she told me," I said back.

"I wonder how she's getting along with all the other teenage girls in the pack," Meghan wondered.

"I know," I sighed. "Hopefully Alyssa will get along with them. She can't live there with no girls to hang out with," I smiled.

"I know, but no one will ever compare to us," Meghan said, dramatically flipping her hair.

"Of course not. I mean, we are her best friends. We could never be replaced," I said even more dramatically, and we both burst into a fit of giggles.

Meghan and I hung out on the sidelines the entire time, laughing with each other. We weren't really the life-of-the-party type of girls, usually just having fun on the sidelines like we are now.