Episode 5

August 29, 2016

The first day of school flew by quickly, and we didn't have any homework which left both of our nights free. "I would ask you to do something but I think you have plans with Jayden," Meghan said with a sly smirk.

"I don't thi..." She had gestured behind me so I turned around, my words trailing off as I spotted my mate leaning against his car. "He's just bringing me home," I defended, a slight blush rising in my cheeks.

"Go on, have some fun. I'll bring the twins home for you," she said with a laugh, pushing me towards Jayden, who had a playful smirk on his face.

"Thank you," I said, turning around and hurrying over to him. I wrapped my arms

around his waist, catching him off guard.

"Woah there," he laughed, wrapping his arms around me. I looked up and smiled at the sight of him.

"I missed you," I said, leaning up to plant a quick kiss on his lips.

"I missed you too," he smiled, opening the door and helping me in.

"Thanks," I said, rolling my eyes jokingly as he rushed to his side of the car and hopped in.

"So how was your day?" He asked, grabbing my hand and resting them on the center console like he did this morning. I smiled at the small gesture.

"It was good. Meghan and I have all of our classes together. A lot of people were whispering about me and you though," I said, looking up at him.

"What were they saying?" He asked cautiously.

"That you would never stay with me and that I was too nice to be luna," I said, watching him as he tensed up. "Don't worry about it though. It's fine, it was never said directly to me."

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I'm going to have a talk with them about it. You are their future luna, they should not be disrespecting you."

"Jayden, it's fine. I honestly don't care," I said, watching his face as he drove. It held anger, but there was a hint of something else that I couldn't quite point out.

"I'll be talking with the teens about their behavior towards you today, and if it ever happens again, tell me," he said, and his voice had transformed into his alpha tone. I was the future luna so it had no effect on me, but it still hurt that he would try and use it on me.

"Okay," I said softly, pulling my hand out of his and leaning against the door, looking out the window as we drove to my house.

"Josie, I'm sorry," Jayden said softly, reaching for my hand again, but I pulled it out of his grasp.

"It's fine," I said, not looking at him. We pulled up into the driveway of my house, and I grabbed my backpack and opened the door before he spoke.

"Josie, don't say it's fine. I used my alpha voice on you and that's not fair. We're both of equal power now, I'm just not used to that," he apologized, looking at me with his dark eyes.

"I told you, it's okay. I'll see you tomorrow," I said, closing the door of his car and walking up to my house without looking back.

"Looks like trouble in paradise," Meghan said softly, giving me a quick hug before sitting me down in the kitchen and giving me a cookie. "What happened?"

"He tried to use his alpha voice on me," I sighed, taking a bite and smiling at the flavor that exploded in my mouth. I looked up and my best friend looked pissed. "Meghan, it's okay, calm down. I guess I just never expected him to try and use it on me even though it didn't do anything. I'm his equal, so he can't order me around."