Episode 7

August 30, 2016

The final bell of the day rang and Meghan and I went to our lockers, our back packs weighed down with homework already. "I'll see you later," Meghan smirked as I handed her my car keys. "Don't forget to make some babies," she whispered.

"Meghan!" I gasped, and she broke out into a fit of laughter.

"I'm joking. Oh my gosh," she managed to say, holding herself up with my car. I could feel my cheeks heating up so I quickly left, finding Jayden in the same spot yesterday.

Some of the girls who were saying things about us being mates yesterday were standing near him, giggling and pointing at him. My wolf growled, the sound dangerously low.

Eva, calm down. They're not actually talking to him so it's okay, I told her. She stopped growling but continued to glare at the girls.

Jayden was looking down at his phone, a hard glare on his face. "Hey," I said cautiously, and he looked up, plastering a smile on his face as he tucked his phone away. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine," he smiled, helping me into the car. I had grown accustomed to it by now, so I thanked him and waited for him to come to his side of the car. "How was your day?" He asked.

"Well I have a ton of homework today, but that's it," I said, grabbing his hand and looping mine through it as they rested on the center console. "How was yours?"

"More alpha work. If you want to sit in my office and do your homework while I do my work you can," he said, focusing on the road as he drove into town.

"Yeah," I smiled, looking at his face. A comfortable silence followed it, and I just sat there, memorizing each and every feature on his face.

"Stop staring at me, it's creepy," he said teasingly.

"Sorry," I blushed, even though I knew he was kidding.

"Maybe you should drive next time, then I can stare at you." That one sentence made my wolf howl in delight, and a goofy smile made its way onto my face.

"You said it's creepy though," I teased.

"Then we'll be creepy," he said, pulling into the parking lot of Ben and Jerry's. He quickly got out of the car and rushed over to help me out.

A small laugh escaped my lips as I thanked him. "You still owe me two tubs of ice cream," I pointed out.

"We'll pick them up on the way home," he smiled, planting a kiss on my lips before he went inside. There was a mother with her two kids at a table, and two girls who looked like they were in middle school.

"What can I get you two?" The man asked, his eyes flickering over to me. I became a little uncomfortable and leaned into Jayden's side, trying to show him that I was taken.

"What do you want?" Jayden asked, looking down at me.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough in a waffle cone, please," I ordered, the man smiling at me before making it. I could feel Jayden tense up beside me, understanding that this was probably pissing him off.

"I'll take the same thing," Jayden ordered after mine was handed to me, and the man started making his as well. He quickly paid and we walked outside, sitting at one of the tables there.

"Let's play twenty questions," I suggested, licking my ice cream.

"Alright. What's your favorite color?" He asked, a small smirk on his face.

"A really light blue. What's yours?" I replied.

"Navy blue. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?"