CHAPTER 9: A Simple Man with A Simple Life

Mhmp! You're still late!" I said to Christoph.

"I told you! I have a problem in our house." He said.

"Ok fine! So, where we will go now?" I asked him.

"In our house. Let's go." He said. In his house? B-but why?

He grab my hand and he open the car.

"Is this yours?" I asked him.

"If this is not mine, why would I open this car and let you in? Tell me  ̄ˍ ̄" Christoph said while pushing me.

"Urgh! Don't push me -_-" I said to him.

While he is driving, I just watching and looking in the views, I also got slept. Christoph's house is too far, good thing he has a car for he will not be late in school.

"We're here." He said.

He park his car in front of a beautiful, huge mansion. He's totally rich.

"Will you not open this door?!!!" I asked him.

"Why would I? You have your arms, hands." >_< Grrrrrr!!!!

I was facing to the mansion when he didn't face to the beautiful mansion and Christoph said 'Let's go.'

We walk to the direction of not so ugly house but... ahm... it looks like a squater.

"Whose house is this?" I asked him.

"It's our house." He said.

Wait? His house, I mean their house? Seriously?

"Y-your house?" I shuttered.

He only nodded.

"We're poor. I have a broken family, my mother died last year, I have one sibling." He said then he stopped walking.

"Cockroach!" He shouted then he points out on the floor.

"Prank?" I simply asked him

"Haha! You know me already huh?" He said and he laugh.

He still my enemy.

Whene we got inside their house, I saw a girl. I think her age is 7 years old.

"Who is she?" I asked him

"My younger sister." He said.

Oh, she's cute. I also saw Christoph kissed the forehead of his younger sister.

"Be good ok? She's ate Naomi. She's not cute right?" He said to his sister.

I look to him with a mad face.

"No, he is not cute than me. I'm cute right? :)" I said to her.

The girl nodded.

"I am ate Naomi Nichole Sachi. What's your name?" I asked.

"She can't talk. But she can hear you. Her name is Naomi Nam." Christoph said.

"She can't talk?" I asked.

"Yes. Sit there and wait for me." Christoph said.

I just sit and talk to Naomi, we're the same name! Haha. I understand her because when I always asked or talk to her, she always write to a paper what is her answer.

Christoph said.

"Let's go." Christoph said and I stand up and smiled to Naomi

"Nam, wait for me ok? Kuya will be back soon. We will buy some foods ok?" Christoph said then he kissed the forehead of Naomi.

After that we are here in mall. What are we doing here? :/

"Can I ask?" I said to him.

"What is it?" He said while choosing coloring materials.

"Where did you get your money for buying your car?" I asked him.

"It's my savings." He said while not looking at me.

"Savings?!" I said.

"Yes. In our house, I am the father and the mother. I need save money. Too money is for Naomi. I'll buy her a new clothes and shoes." He said.

I admit it. He is a kind of brother that is sweet and caring.

"Why?" I asked him.

"It's her birthday tomorrow." He said.

Birthday? Oh no. I must buy something for her.

I saw a cute baby pink dress in my left side. I look at the price and it's only 2,000 pesos.

I also want to know what Naomi's favorite food, so I ask Christoph.

"What is the favorite food of Naomi?" I asked.

"Cake and Spaghetti." He said and still he didn't face me while busy in choosing dress.

After we bought dress, we went to food court.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"I'm ok in Siomai." I said.

I like siomai :)

While we're waiting for the food, I ask Christoph about his life.

"What are you doing every week ends?" I asked him.

"Nothing, we are just watching CDs with my sister." He said.

I all know about him. Her mother died because of heart attack, Naomi start not to talk when their mother and father broke up. I also know his favorite color, food, place, letter and many more. He's funny :)

"Why you always bully and making pranks on me?" I asked him and I pout.

"Because you never talk to me." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I don't understand him.

"I want to be your friend since we are grade 1 and you know that but you always ignore me. That's why I always make pranks on you for you will have an attention on me, but you still don't want me to be your friend. Got it?" He said.

When he said that, I stopped for a while. For almost 9 years? He just wanted to be my friend and I always ignore it? That's why he make pranks on me??? >_< I feel sorry for myself.

"S-sorry... I didn't know it." I said.

"It's ok. I accept it that you don't want to be my friend." He simply said.

Aw. The food came. We eat silently, no one is talking.

"Are ypu mad at me?" I broke the silence and asked him.

"Me? No." He said then he smiled.

I'm wrong to what I am thinking. I think that he is bad and no concience, but all he want is to be my friend. >_< I really didn't know it.

"Oh. It's already 4:30. Let's go home." He said.

He's right, it's 4:30.

"I'll go ahead." I said.

"No! Go inside the car." He said.

"No. I'm ok. I'll go to my auntie's house." I said.

"You sure? Ok. Take care bestfriend." He, said.

"Haha. Ok bestfriend. Take care too." I said to him.

Then he left.

Awghad! I'm so ashamed that he just want to be my friend! Thank goodness we talk to each other, now I know what he feels, I know why he make pranks on me. :/

I arrived home at 5:00 because the mall is too far in Christoph's house far than his house. I don't expect that they are... 'poor' and I even don't know his true life. I saw him in school like a rich man but he just a simple man with a simple life.

I'll make this pretending to reality.

But I must never fall in love.