Chapter 15

"Just hold your head up, Little One," Uncle said softly as she sighed, "today will be over soon."

There was a knock on the door, and she looked up to see Erica walk in, "Mommy?" She asked confused.

"The girls have their check up in an hour," Erica smiled, "I figured you wouldn't feel like driving so I came to get you and also knew you needed to get out of the house for a bit."

"See?" Uncle smiled softly. "Don't work about work today, just spend the day with Erica." He groaned as something beeped. "Text me later with the girls information and how the check up went."

"Okay," She smiled softly as she hugged Erica. "Love you, Uncle."

"Love you too, Little One," he said hanging up.

"Come on, let's get the girls ready," Erica smiled as they entered the hallway. "Owen," she said seeing him head their way.

"I was just going to remind Vera of the girls checkup," he said softly.

"I will be taking them," Erica nodded and a look of shock flashed in his eyes before he masked it and nodded while adjusting his tie.

"Very well," he said clearing his throat. "I will go see if they are ready."

Vera let her breath out as he walked away and Erica just smirked, "Just be firm with them, Dear."

She nodded and Erica wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "Are they going to get shots, Mommy?" She asked nervously. "The last checkup they got shots and ended up with fevers."

"Yes," Erica nodded, "but good that you remembered, we can give them some medicines to help."

"I already have," Sean said as they walked into the living room. "Can we go with you?"

"Fine," Erica nodded then pointed her finger at them, "but only for the checkup. I will be taking the girls afterwards to spend some time together."

Luke opened his mouth then shut it, "Yes Momma."

"Come on, Dear," Erica smiled. "Time to go."

Dr. Roberts was waiting for them when they arrived. "They are growing so fast," he smiled as Erica and Vera held the girls while he listened to their breathing. "And their allergies?"

"Doing better," Sean nodded. "They are nursing just fine as well. There is no problem with transitioning back and forth from the bottle and nursing from Vera."

"Look at those smiles," Dr. Roberts chuckled as the girls smiled at him while he played with them. "They are holding their heads well, how is tummy time?"

"They don't like it," Vera admitted, "But they are starting to try and reach for toys just out of reach when they do tummy time. They are trying to grab their toys and they are trying to hold their bottles. They like to constantly grab my breasts repeatedly while they nurse, almost squeezing like while they nurse and sometimes still cluster nurse."

"That's great, Vera," He nodded. "They are right where they should be," he smiled reassuringly at her. "I don't have any concerns about them being born early. Don't be surprised if the next few months they start getting on their knees in a crawl position or want to sit up or start rolling over and they will start baby talking soon. Twins will often have their very own baby language that only they will understand. They aren't identical like Corey and Brandon but they will have very similar aspects, even fraternal twins have twin telepathy."

"Okay," She nodded.

"Here's the part you don't like," he smiled softly. "More shots but remember what we talked about."

"It's for the best," She nodded as she let out a deep breath. "I just hate making them cry."

"I know," Erica smiled softly. "But it will be over soon and think of all the cuddles we can give them."

"The next check up we will start to discuss introducing baby food to them, okay?" Dr. Roberts asked and Vera nodded while holding one of the girls and Erica got the other one.

Vera started crying when the girls cried, "I'm sorry," she sniffled as she started comfort nursing Selene then Erica helped Asteria latch on.

"You did great, Mommy," Dr. Roberts patted her knee. "They are doing great."

"Thank you," She smiled softly at him.

"Oh, before I forget," he took out an envelope and sat it next to her, "here are the DNA results for whenever you want to know. I'll see you in a couple of months."

Vera looked down into Selene's gray eyes and Asteria's green eyes and took a deep breath.

"Thanks, Dr. Roberts," Erica smiled as he leftand she picked up the envelope. "Do you want to know?"