Reunited

you stepped on his shoe and elbowed him back off of you. you turned around and was faced with your love. you could feel your entire body feeling like it was coming back to life when I saw him. 

"ed?" you didn't know what to say to him, he smiled and moved a little closer. you reached out to him and wrapped your arms around him and squeezed him, he wrapped one arm around your waist and gently placed the other hand on your head, gently pushing your head further in his chest. you could feel your eyes growing warm with tears. 

you pulled away and looked up at him, still grabbing hold of him tightly. 

"can i buy you a drink or something? so that we can talk." you nodded and walked over to the bar with him and sat down, he ordered two cocktails and took your hand into his. his eyes pooled into yours. 

"what happened after I left arkham?" you blurted out, it was the only thing that you wanted to know. his smile faded slightly and shook his head. you looked at him closer and saw a familiar softness within him. this was your ed, not the ed that you last saw. your head started to hurt and you closed your eyes for a second and felt every muscle relax. 

he handed you the drink and you quickly took a sip and sighed. something was different, you felt more vulnerable and he had a softer complexion to him still. 

"don't worry about arkham, its nothing really. all that matters is I'm out, right?" he smiled and placed his hand on your knee, your stomach lit up over his touch and nodded. you looked around at the full room and your smile grew more. 

"I guess you took my suggestion literally," he chuckled, you looked at him and raised an eyebrow, "don't you remember, once we got out we could start a club and be like fish, but better." 

"oh yeah, I mean that's all fuzzy to me for some reason." 

"well what have you been up to since victor got you?" 

suddenly everything that had happened was like a blur. i remember being with victor and at falcones, but everything in between wasn't my memory. it was, hers. 

"oh nothing, I mean I was just with victor out at falcones, laying low." 

"I'm really sorry that he- um i-i me I put you through that, I ruined your life." he gripped my knee a little tighter, you leaned in closer to him and grabbed his face. rubbing your thumbs on his cheeks slightly, his face softened more, and nuzzled into your hands more. 

"I don't want to think about that now, I just want to think about us right now please," he slid his hand up my thigh a little bit more, you leaned in further and kissed him. your lips entwined together perfectly, and the world began to stand still. you stood up and pressed yourself against him a little bit more, his hand slipped up a little bit more and moved towards the back of your leg and pushed you towards him more. 

the hum of people laughing, talking, drinking and then the sound of the melodic blues behind us was a wonderful sound when it was blurred within our own little world. 

he pulled away, just far enough for there to be centimeters from our faces. he wrapped both arms around your waist and smiled, 

"follow me," you grabbed his hand and walked back with him to the back of the club, there was some violent noises behind one of the doors, you tried to ignore it but ed seemed interested in the door. you tugged on his hand a little bit and finally got him to break free of his trance. you brought him into your dressing room. he kissed you once more and closed the door with his foot. he lead you back carefully while his hands roamed your body like he never knew who you were. he pressed you up against your vanity and lifted you up onto the flat cool surface. you spread your legs open slightly and he wedged himself in between your legs, slightly leaning you back up against the mirror.