Baby Boy

September 1999

September 1999

[Beware: Nas is a dog-ass nigga in this story. Be advised.]

"You lying ass motherfucker! Jungle ain't leave no damn condoms in my car!" Paris screamed.

"That was yo' cheating ass," she continued.

For the fifth time this week, Paris and Nas had yet another argument. Paris reached into her backseat to retrieve her wallet and she found a 3 pack of condoms lying under Nas's jacket. The problem was: for one, they don't use condoms. Nas would rather treat her like a double-filled twinkie than feel like he was fucking a ballon, so they opted out. Two, there was only one condom left in the box. Box of condoms, two missing, Paris's car, under Nas's jacket. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to solve the equation. Nas wasn't known to be faithful. I mean, he wasn't out here sticking it wherever it could be stuck, but he wasn't a one-woman man either. His rotation consisted of Carmen, his first baby momma, Paris, also his baby momma, and whichever one girl from his contact list he decided to fuck with for the week.

Paris clearly wasn't fond of his cheating. She only kept him around so Prince wouldn't feel singled out. All his friends at daycare had dads, even if they only came around once a month. Nas would forget he had a son if Paris didn't call him. Every time he came over to see his son, he ended up seeing something else if you know what I mean. So, yeah, it was a never-ending cycle of on-and-off-again parenting and dating. If that's what you wanna call it. Let him tell it, they don't date. They "see each other" from time to time. Whatever that fucking means.

While Paris was chewing him out, he was sitting on the arm of her couch, devouring some Fritos, completely ignoring everything she was saying.

"I'm tired of you fucking around on me, Nas."

"I don't even see why you trippin'," he said cutting his eyes at her.

"Motherfucka, I'm trippin' cause you in my damn house, eating my food, and coming by as you choose and please! This ain't no halfway house and you don't get to use me as your rebound bitch when Carmen get tired of yo stupid ass!"

"Why you bringing up Carmen?"

"Cause I'm not dumb, nigga. I know you still seeing her."

He shook his head and raised his eyebrows.

"Actually, I'm not. You just quit being insecure."