VIII

It had been almost a week since the argument. I hoped it wasn't too serious. I honestly don't understand why he was even angry.

Anyway it was Saturday and I was currently getting ready for my date with James. I couldn't help a smile, thinking about him.

Ashley was watching me in boredom as I brushed my damp, curly hair. "So is he cute?" She asked, not really interested. She wasn't so fond of me going out with James, she kept saying I should date Roger. She knows our friendship is platonic – maybe not even that at the moment.

"Very cute" I confirmed, grinning, she sighed and gave me her red lipstick to borrow.

"Thanks for your enthusiasm" I said smiling, the sarcasm dripping in my tone. She rolled her eyes and sighed. "I'm sorry. I hope the date goes well" she apologised and smiled. I smiled and rolled my eyes "you're still team Roger?" I asked. She grinned and nodded. I playfully rolled my eyes and a few moments later I left for my date.

⚜︎

I was at the coffee shop and through the window I could see James waiting for me, I walked in and his eyes caught mine, he smiled and I returned it.

I sat next to him and we both ordered coffee. We talked for a while about hobbies, interests, family. He was really funny and interesting. But for the entire date there was one person in the back of my mind. Roger. For a moment I briefly wondered if it was my fault. But I realized it was all his. He was the one to get angry that I was seeing someone – when 1. He sleeps with a different girl every night and 2. We're not even dating.

The date went fine, he was nice. The only thing that ruined it was thinking about Roger. But that was my fault other than that the date was amazing.

We went back to his apartment for a few hours before I needed to get back because Freddie had something to announce tonight after the show.

"I half to get going now" I told James, taking the last sip of my wine. "Don't you wanna stay a while longer?" he asked. "I can't but I'll stay longer next time" I smiled, putting my coat on. "I'll see you next time then" he kissed my cheek and walked me to the door.

I decided while I had the confidence to kiss him on the lips as he held the door open. I pulled back after a moment to see his eyes fluttering open then giving me a smile, I smiled back, feeling uneasy. "Hopefully that kiss will last longer next time" he smirked. "Hopefully" I grinned and left.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I unlocked the door to my apartment, I was grinning like an idiot as Vicky and Ashley just stared at me. I told them everything from start to finish – minus what was going on in my head about Roger–.

We got ready, went to the bar, watched the show and finally Freddie was ready to tell us the news. "So what is it?" asked Brian, who had his arm over Ashley. "Be patient, darling" Freddie said, clasping his hands together as he stood in front of us. Roger had two girl beside him, his arms around both of them. I had to suppress the urge to roll my eyes.

"We're going to record an album!" Freddie announced, excitedly. The room was silent you could hear a pin drop. "How? We could barely afford the van we bought!" Roger stated, furrowing his eye brows. "Hes right, Freddie, we can't afford an album we're barely getting by as it is" Deacy agreed. "We sell the van." Freddie said, still looking in thought, the room going dead again. "I hope you're joking" Roger said in horror.