i just know him

i read my physics book while the whole class goes nuts due to the heavy downpour outside. it's natural though, we finally got our pe class after a week and all we get to enjoy is the muddy ground. pretty unfair, isn't it?

as i look at my classmates hopelessly, my eyes land onto the second seat of the row on my left, nobita is sleeping again. sigh, he always is. I'm sure soon enough Gian would come and bully him, invading his personal space and human rights.

"hey! how can you sleep while we're all so upset here? don't you have a conscience?" here we go again, gian slams his hand onto nobita's desk as he sits up in a second.

a sly smile appears onto his face, that makes him look so helpless and innocent in my eyes.

"but we can't do anything about it. shouldn't we just enjoy the weather as it is...?" he rubs the back of his head and recieves a punch right onto his face, everybody starts laughing.

i know I'm at fault too, i never speak up for him either. though, i have my reasons. first of all, when i did intervene between them, nobita seemed to not like that. he told me it was none of my business and they were just playing.

second, he seems just fine with it. i mean, let's be practical, he goes through everything while being friends with the ridiculous duo yet keeps hanging out with them, let alone fighting back or anything, he doesn't even express himself properly.

i don't get why he would do that, i try to understand but simply can't. i don't really get angry much myself either but i can't suppress injustice just like that. stating your opinion and standing up for yourself doesn't mean you're aggressive or have anger issues.

anyways, we're not even friends. i just know him, from childhood. what could i possibly do about it.

by the time I'm lost in my thoughts, the bell rings and i put my book inside the bag as it was the last period of the day. i look over and shizuka is bidding a bye to nobita, can't believe she didn't even offer to help with the wound...

it might be too casual for them now i guess. as I'm about to get up, i realise it's my duty to clean the class today, so i put my bag down waiting for everybody to leave.

in a short while, the room is empty but then i hear someone huffing as if they're runnibg and i see nobita standing on the door grabbing it tightly as he ran too much. he looked just like he did every morning when he's late.

"hey uh, it's my turn too" he says putting his bag onto a desk, i look at him,"but aren't you hurt? i think you should go home and rest, i won't tell the teacher" i say and continue to clean the board.

he giggles lightly,"I'm not that hurt" and we stay quiet for the whole time. it's pretty weird that he isn't visibly irritated around me, maybe because shizuka isn't here and hence he's got no reason to worry about.

i know he likes her, it would take the brain power of ten idiots if someone doesn't realise it considering how many years I've been seeing them.

we're done after an hour or so but his face keeps bugging me, i should've stood up even if he hates it, right?

"here, apply this so it wouldn't sting too much or get infected" i put the medical box in front of him as he looks up at me,"huh? thanks, you're a genuine guy" he smiles.

that makes me feel good, i pretty much seem like a rude person considering the boring look i have on my face and how i don't really talk to anyone anymore. it was a result of almost never socialising other than a few baseball matches.

my books just became my comfort, and now anything other than them makes me so disinterested and impatient.

"is it near my eye?" he asks, and I'm not kidding he's suspiciously gentle today. did something happen?

"you can't feel the pain?" i ask back and he clicks a little tongue while scratching the back of his head, as he always does,"it hurts everywhere so i don't know..."

god, this guy. unwillingly, i put some of the cream onto the tip of my index finger and grab a chair to sit so my legs wouldn't hurt anymore. i stretch out my hand as he looks out of the window.

i tap lightly on where it's almost purple by now, it hurt to see that. nobody innocent deserves such an unfair treatment. how could he stay silent about it.

as i was trying to apply it carefully so that it doesn't go into his eyes he suddenly stares at me. the actions takes me aback nonetheless, for some reason, it was uncomfortable now. i tried adjusting myself, but i kept feeling the unsettling feeling.

deafeated, i finally got up,"it's done. you can go now" i say and he runs off towards the window grabbing his bag.

"what happened? you're hurt and you aren't even whining about it?" i hear doraemon say as i pick up my bag too," it doesn't matter anymore, shizuka invited us to eat cookies"

i walk out of the classroon, so that's why. pretty smart of her to offer cookies instead of medicine, but who am i to judge. he's crazily in love with her, and I've got nothing to do with it.

i decide to stop by the library as to pick up some new books i could indulge myself into, putting earphones into my ears. i do sometimes listen to music, sometimes i just don't. it's a great barrier to prevent people from starting unnecessary talks when i could peacefully be reading a book, or precisely, enjoy my chosen life

life's good when you're best friends with books, it's exciting too.