maybe it is my business

running was never my favourite exercise but doing it in rain was something i had almost never experienced. I've always had an umbrella with me no matter the weather yet today had to be the one exception.

jumping on the little pools of water that form on the road as it jumps back to my pants and sometimes even the shirt, thinking about taking shelter under shops but not doing so because nobita-kun seems so serious about this, glancing at kids who are laughing at us because we look like total idiots, we get home.

i put both my hands onto my knees and catch up my breathe heavily, as this was definitely out of my potential while nobita-kun stands up as if we didn't just continuously run for the past ten minutes.

"is it locked?" he says trying to open the door and gets the answer by himself.

"aren't you tired?" i ask out of frustration as he looks at me with clueless eyes. how can someone even manage to talk after all that?

"should... i be?" ah, my tone of asking must've sounded like i was irritated by the fact that he wasn't fighting for his life. well, i am.

"yes?" i look at him with even more irritated eyes and take out the keys from my right pocket and try to put them in but i fail for like three times.

"want me to try?" he says as i hand him the keys slightly shivering from the cold breeze running through my wet clothes and hairs.

great, i can't even manage to open my own door with my own keys now. nobita-kun click opens it and waits for me to enter. if it was anyone else than the dumb nobita-kun, i would've thought he was making a joke out of me but since he's always so oblivious to everything, i can't make him the bad guy.

i enter the house with clothes drenched in rain. removing my shoes lazily, i step up but my steps halt at the sudden grip on my wrist.

"are you going to walk in like that?" he asks with concern in his voice.

"like what?" i ask back.

"water is dripping down from your clothes. wouldn't your mom be mad at this?"

"..does it look like i have a choice right now? what, should i take off my clothes, squeeze the water out and wear them again? right here?" i say as he seems speechless at my sudden outburst.

well, it's not my fault he's been forcing me to let out my inner thoughts instead of acting oh so kind. he's the one to blame for knowing more of this side of me lately.

he slowly shakes his head as i put the keys on the table and lock the door so that no more rain comes in with the wind. the atmosphere suddenly seems tensed up—

"pfft. i didn't know you could run your imagination so wild, dekisugi-kun. that's definitely not what i meant" he says while laughing in between his words as i look at him blankly. i didn't expect him to think this was funny? more like he should've been offended.

"well then now you know" i mumble and take off my shoes, finally entering the hall," besides, my mom isn't home. and even if she were, she wouldn't get angry. i know how to clean up the mess I create"

i go in and bring a new towel from the guest's room and toss it so that nobita-kun who is still standing at the door catches it. and he fails to do so.

gosh, how could someone be so helplessly
clumsy?

"thank you for this and inviting me over to your house"

"i had no other choice than that or yuki would've shredded me to pieces despite having promised my mother to keep me safe"

is what i truly want to tell him but nonetheless, i can't. of course, it would ruin the whole purpose of going through the trouble of letting a stranger cross the door of my house.

"of course" i say and head upstairs to my room to change clothes.

but i hope it was just about changing my own clothes. i wish it would end at that. but we have a problem here, nobita-kun also needs clothes to change into. for some unknown reason, he was even more drenched than i was.

now, the question is should i let my intrusion thoughts win and give him my dad's clothes or let him wear my own? obviously one would tell me the latter is better but i personally don't like the idea.

and more, i don't know if he'd be comfortable in my clothes. our height difference isn't that big of a deal but it's somewhere near 10 cm.
i also don't want anyone to know i have lots of oversized shirts that i could definitely give him.

battling a war in my brain that i never really had to do before, i walk downstairs to find him still literally standing at the door???

"why are you still there?"

"um, i didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable. i was originally going to ask you for an umbrella and leave right away but didn't get the chance to since you seemed in a hurry to change your clothes. sorry to ask you for another favour but could you lend me an umbr—"

"are you really an idiot?" i say walking speedily towards him and snatching off the towel.

"...uh?" he says cluelessly as wrinkles form on my forehead from frustration.

"if that's all you needed, why did you come to my house with me?"

"to get the umbrella?"

"and? that's it? you're going to walk off in this crazy storm? with these clothes drenched in rain?"

"yeah... well, what else should i have done then?" i sigh at that. it's the first time we're having an actual conversation that lasts this long and all he does is give me a headache.

"you're seriously too much for me take..." i mumble as he probably hears it all but doesn't say anything. just why is he so easy to take control of? what gives him the right to let him be such a goddamn pushover?

"fine. take the umbrella from that basket and walk by yourself in this storm in these clothes. don't get my umbrella broken or I'll make you buy me a new one" i say and turn around furiously walking towards the living room as i hear him turning around.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

UPDATES WILL BE HERE EVERY WEDNESDAY SO STAY TUNED IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY. I DECIDED TO DO THIS BECAUSE I REALISED IT'S ONLY A MONTH AWAY FROM A WHOLE YEAR SINCE I FIRST PUBLISHED THIS STORY AND GODDAMN THERE'S ONLY THIS MANY CHAPTERS?!

ALSO ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO UPDATES SO I THINK IT WILL BE BETTER FOR BOTH ME AND THEM (⁠ ⁠╹⁠▽⁠╹⁠ ⁠)

also, i know the writing in this chapter was just like a 13 year old whose been introduced to fanfictions a month ago & i sincerely apologise for that! I'll try to be more professional from now on to deliver a better chapter <3