no strings attached

as i hear the door open and close, my anger grows even more. just how stupid does one have to be for something like this to happen in the first place? i can't believe he actually meant what he said.

i thought he'd atleast have some reaction after i said those harsh words words to him, but what? he walks away? just like that? why would he? why wouldn't he argue back? or say something out of anger? or maybe get upse–

it's not my business anyways. what should i care if he reacts to my words or not, i never did. not for anyone, never for him. i don't...

i turn around in a rush of emotions and quickly walk out the door to find nobita-kun struggling to open the main gate as the rain mercilessly pours onto his head and shoulders (joke not intended)

looking at him, somehow, makes me smile to myself. i sigh and look down only to find myself giggling, why is he so dumb?

no, rather than asking why, i should be thankful he's so dumb.

i lift my right leg and walk towards him as he has no idea of my presence. slowly sliding my hand from below his to open the gate as he flinches and looks back at me in an instant.

"d-dekisugi-kun!? you scared me!" he says as his voice confirms his words.

"sure i did" i say and maintain suitable distance between us.

"why did you come out?" he asks me.

surprisingly, everytime i talk to him it's as if our past conversation never existed in the first place. as if we've been set back to our default personalities and dialogues.

do my words really don't matter to you to that extent?

i wonder as i look at his anxious eyes- anxious? why?

"what's wrong?" i ask, also pretending to adapt to going back to our default settings.

"you're wet again... because of me.." he looks down with sadness evident in his voice.

what the!? do you seriously not know what it sounds like when you say it out loud like that!!?

i internally flinch at the wise choice of words but keep it in. i must compose myself and not let in front of him, he's too oblivious to recognise a raccoon in the skin of a human.

"it's.... alright. i came outside by myself, and I'm sorry for that earlier. it was only meant to piss you off and convince you to stay" i blurt out without thinking.

what? why would you say it just like that?

i wonder internally again but show no signs of self hate on a physical level. inner voice hidetoshi-kun, let's talk later.

"oh no, it's fine. you don't have to worry about tha—"

"I'm not worried. just doing what anyone would've done in this situation" i say what i think he wanted me to say. maybe this makes him feel a bit more comfortable.

"ah! you're right. i was in the wrong from the start. I'm sorry, let's head in" he says and walks inside. precisely speaking, tries to walk inside but fails to do so due to the opened umbrella.

i sigh and walk towards him, snatching the umbrella and closing it as he gives me another apologetic look.

at this rate, just pray you survive another year if you're planning to keep on living like this.

i think to myself entering the house and finally locking the door.

"you think I'd die soon if i keep living like this, right?" i look at him with a surprised look at that.

how come the first ever time this guy uses his brain is for something like this? and why the heck is it so precise?

"hah, why would i think such a thing" i say and quickly go in, this time making sure to drag nobita-kun with me by grabbing his wrist.

"w-what are you—"

"change your clothes in the restroom here. I'll come back after changing too" i say and put the clothes in the guest room without letting him speak.

technically, he could. he just decided toobey me without any more excuses. which was a wise choice.

after finally drying my hairs, i walk down the stairs to only realise the mess we've created now.

"i can definitely clean it all up" i mumble sarcastically to find nobita-kun standing like a ghost at the guest room's entrance.

"whoa– what's the matter?"

"i was wondering where the clothe to clean this would be. also, could you provide me with a bag for my clothes?" he says looking at the floor.

"it's alright, I'll wash them" i say trying to take them from him.

"no, that's too much. just give me a bag please" he smiles his infamous kind smile.

"i told you it's fine, really. and you don't need to worry about cleaning the floor either" i say and try to take the clothes again as he walks backward.

what's the big deal now? am i some evil stepmother who'll eat you up!?

"clothes are a personal matter, i believe it's the best to wash them yoursel—"

TAK!

his foot heads the bed as he loses his balance clumsily, the clothes flying up in the air as i get dragged down with him,not because he tried to grab me. but because the foot that hit the bed then got entangled in my right leg somehow.

as i fall probably faster than i lose my patience, nobita-kun moves even faster and rolls to his right to avoid any collisions between us.

exactly the right move at the right time.

i think with a mental sigh of relief to myself as my face goes directing hitting the soft mattress. no matter how soft, it still makes you feel like you broke your nose.

and there comes his wet t shirt straight up landing onto my face as i lie down there defeated from my own fate.

"oh my god! I'm so sorry!" he cries out and quickly takes the shirt off my face. i smile out of frustration to myself, sitting up with my hairs half wet, again.

"i- this was– I'm so sorry! i don't even know what i should say or do i just—"

"pfft. why are you sorry over everything?" i laugh to myself as he cluelessly looks at me.

god, it's been so long since i actually laughed.

i keep laughing while as my hairs feel heavier from the water the soaked in again. it thought this would be my last straw, but turns out i was just a meter away from laughing my heart out.

rather than anger or frustration, it feels as if i had been splashed on with fresh water with mint leaves in the middle of a scorching hot desert. it's refreshing to be like this. whatever it is, this series of unfortunate events or nobita-kun's absolute dumbness.

⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙⸙

YO! I JUST SUDDENLY REALISED WE'VE NEVER HAD EVEN A SINGLE PHYSICAL INTERACTION BETWEEN OUR MAIN COUPLE SO HERE IT IS!

IT'S DEFINITELY NOWHERE NEAR WHERE & HOW IT SHOULD BE BUT I PROMISE I'LL TRY TO IMPROVE <3

PLEASE DON'T LOSE YOUR FAITH IF YOU DO HAVE ANY FOR THEM, I HOPE THEY'LL BLOOM LIKE THE PRETTIEST FLOWERS <33

Y'ALL SO I REALISED I PUBLISHED IT WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT IT TWICE SO NOW IT'S FIXED OK 😭😭😭