thirteen (13)

This is your chapterly reminder toCHECK THE TWS IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK!!!! (No seriously, do it)
-

"Is he alright? Is there something wrong?" Xisuma asked, confused on why he had to stay.

"Erm... maybe? It might have been my eyes playing tricks on me?"

"What is it? Are you okay?" X was panicked at False's sudden change in tone.

"When i came in for the first time to check on Grian I saw him quickly pulling down his sleeves. It might just be nothing and I might just be overthinking everything. But y'know with what you and Ex have 'found', i cant be so sure that its just absolutely nothing, y'know?" She blurted out, she was scared that everything had been happening under her nose.

X pulled False in for a hug, "thank you for telling me, even if its nothing"

In a way she felt like happy that X could now maybe help Grian if he needed it and if he really was the one who... yeah. But she also felt as though she'd broken a trust, betrayal. She was definitely overthinking this. It probably wasn't even Grian, he was always happy and just generally clumsy.

No. She was definitely overthinking.

X looked deep in thought. Could he tell Grian he knew? What if it wasn't even Grian? Maybe it was someone else and False just saw Grian trying to warm up, or maybe his sleeve had just rolled up while he slept and he was just now pulling it down. There were many other possibilities. He'd just watc Grian for any strange or unnatural (for him) behaviour.

If he then found something, then he'd intervene immediately.
And he wasn't yet going to tell Ex, he didnt want to worry him over something that may not even be true.

-

The trio landed fairly easily outside Grian's base, and Grian had started to settle down already, starting to walk towards his bed; whe he was stopped by Ex (gently) grabbing his arm, "are you sure you dot need anyone to stay with you?"

"Yeah m'alright" Grian answered, "tired" he yawned.

"Ill stay with him" Mumbo smiled at Ex, "You go do your admin business if you have any, or you can stay too if you'd like?" He offered.

"Ive gotta do some stuff quickly, but ill come back in a few hours if thats okay?"

"That's fine, have fun" Grian replied sleepily, now from across the room.

-

So now Ex had left and it was just Mumbo and grian who were left together, with Grian practically asleep while Mumbo was making an attempt at tidying the other's room for a surprise for Grian when he woke up. He thought it would have been a nice thing to do.

He started with the desk, neatening (though he didnt dare mixing them as Grian would kill him if he did) the piles of sketches for building-work he planned to do, and also drawings made for fun in boredom. They truly were splendid. Amongst the art were other random objects, such as pebbles that were gifted to him by Scar from the time he went to the beach, and general rubbish.

The rubbish was put into the bin and everything else, obviously including the precious pebbles, were neatened on the desk. He moved onto fixing the top of his drawers, where it seemed like an organised yet messy cluster of clothes had been piled up, presumably to be put away later on.

A glint caught his eye from under the pile.

He lifted the clothes to find a sharpened diamond sword, stained with crimson blood. Meh, Grian must have killed something earlier and not had time to clean it..

He thought it would have been a nice thing to do if he went to clean off the blood from the sword...

...but it wouldn't clean?