Strays

Chapter Six

Jaycee

Finally, I'm back in formation with my guys. Plus the Grim Bastards of course. Jax is trying to get the bylaws changed so they can patch over.

This is the first time since Tara's murder that I've gotten to go on a run. Not that I particularly like it but I've been itching for some action. Also, apparently, the guys we're meeting with are Tully's " dog walkers " so I guess they're trustworthy or whatever.

Once we're almost to the meet-up spot Jax signals to slow down.

" Yo. Why don't you wait here? Shouldn't be too long. " He tells T.O.

The G.B. leader nods. " All right. "

We continue on as the G.B. wait at the end of the long driveway. Once we park I can't help but notice the creepy atmosphere. Getting off my bike I go straight to Jax's side as four guys walk up.

" Well, well. You bring another police escort? " One of the more inbred-looking ones asks.

Tig puts his hand over his face and says, " just us bad guys ".

" We had nothing to do with the sheriffs. " Jax tells him. " Of course, you gunned them down, so now they're everyone's problem. "

Ain't that the fucking truth? Who thinks killing cops is a good idea anyway? That should only be a last resort and I mean a very last one at that. I guess you can't expect these inbred bastards to have any common sense.

" We hear the bitch lived. " One of the guys in the back says rudely.

Another winner, great. Tully sure knows how to pick his friends that's for sure.

" Yeah, unfortunately. " Chibs says sarcastically. " But she is critical and not talking. "

The inbred-looking one asks, " and if she does "?

" Well, if she does... " Chibs says putting his glasses into his cut. " Then we'll take care of her. "

Looking over at the Scotsman, I can't help but hope he's only blowing smoke.

" Did you talk to Tully? " Jax asks not liking where this is going.

The inbred-looking one takes his own glasses off to reveal his beady little eyes. " Yeah. How the hell did the chinks steal your heroin? "

" Uh-uh. Technically, it was their heroin. " Tig informs him. " They just stole it back. "

Bobby nods. " Yeah, and now it belongs to the Sanwa D.A. "

" Look, we want to make this right, man. We can sell you guns. As many as you want. "

" Nah. See... I deal drugs, not gats. The n*gg*r*s and the w*tbacks got a chokehold on heroin. You promised us two keys. "

" That H fell into our laps. (Phone ringing) And we did Tully a solid by sending it his way. "

The rude one's cell rings and he walks off to the truck to answer it. Yes, I'm keeping my eyes on all of these motherfuckers.

The inbred points his finger at Bobby. " Yeah, and he's already made arrangements based on that solid. "

" What, credit in Stockton? " Jax asks looking surprised.

The inbred nods. " Yeah. Set in motion a lot of favors. "

" Jesus Christ. " He sighs out looking worried.

What the fuck? I do not need to be getting on Tully's bad side by way of Jax and his own fuck ups. What the hell is going on?

The rude one comes back from the truck. " That was Danny. He's on his way in and he said there's a pack of c*ons on Harley's sitting at the turnoff. "