Fallen Crow

Chapter Nineteen

Jax

The sunrise from the rooftop at TM has always been one of my favorite sights. When we were in high school Tara used to sneak out and we'd watch it up here together. Jayce would join us sometimes with a joint already rolled for the occasion. So many things have happened on this rooftop. So many memories... Good and bad. 

Since Jayce went back to bed last night everything has been running through my head as if I'm watching memories on a tv. Every church, hit, deal, party, and family moment from the last five years. All of it turned me into the monster I am right now. And I am a monster make no mistake about it. 

I've ended up being everything that John Teller didn't want for me or Thomas. Everything I don't want for mine. At the end of all this, at least Abel and Thomas won't have to live in the shadow of my memory like I did him. That's my final gift to them.

Heading back down into the clubhouse I head straight to Chibs' bunk and knock. I hear some fumbling behind the door before it opens to reveal the tired Scotsman that has become a brother to me. 

" What's going on Jackie? " He asks tiredly. 

Nodding to the bar we both head over and take a seat. " Look, I know this is coming out of left field... I should have told you sooner, but Juice is still alive. " 

" Ye didn't think it as important to tell? " He asks and I see a flash of anger on his tired face.

Out of everyone in the club, Juice's initial betrayal hurt Chibs the most. He vouched for him and he got let down. Of course, he's pissed that he's still alive. 

Cringing a bit I tell him, " I know I should have told you but I got some news that stopped me ".

" What is it? " He asks impatiently. 

Heaving a big sigh, I say, " Jaycee isn't pregnant with Tully's baby... It's Juice's. They had some one-night stand before shit hit the fan. "

" Jesus Christ, Jackie. " He curses as he clearly wasn't expecting that bomb to drop. " What was she thinkin'? "

I shake my head. " I'll let her explain but I wanted you to get your anger out before talking. Just remember, she is pregnant whether you like who the father is or not, it's your job to keep a level head with my cousin. "

I wasn't lying when I said that he was still in love with her. Hell, Juice was the one that told me that he was looking into divorcing Fiona. At first, I thought it was just a slip of information, but now I see Juice was just as pissed off. Not only because Chibs was about to turn Jayce into a homewrecker, but he himself was in love with her. 

He knew that I'd never allow the Scot to bring Fiona's wrath down on Jayce. My mother was only ever afraid of three women in this life. Her own mother, her math teacher, and Fiona Telford. There was no way I was gonna let that hammer fall on a twenty-four-year-old. Chibs was wrong for going after her in the first place. Deep down, he knows it. 

" What am I supposed to do? " He asks helplessly. 

Thinking on it for a moment I shake my head. He isn't going to like it. Juice and he had a comradery that crumbled after learning that he worked with RICO. It pissed him off more because there were warning signs that he ignored. It eats away at him more so because once you love someone, it doesn't just go away. His anger and hatred stem from not being able to let go of the love he had for Juice. 

" You have two choices: " I tell him with a shrug. " He's out. Let him cover his tattoos and let it end there. " 

The look on his face says everything. He doesn't want to.