I Promise

Last time: 

" I have some news... But I'd rather tell you both together. "

" I already know. " He says looking me directly in the eyes.

My heart lodges itself in my throat at the intensity of the stare.

" What? "  

Chapter Seventeen

Tully

I'm not liking the look of fear written all over my Peaches face. Why is she so afraid? It couldn't possibly be of me, right?

I reach out and take one of her hands and do my best to soften my voice. " I had a visit from your cousin yesterday. He let the cat out of the bag. "

It takes her a few moments to realize that I'm not mad. And then another few to get pissy. What a woman. 

" Of course he did. " She says angrily. " He never could keep his big mouth shut. I wanted to be the one to tell you. "

I should have been the first to know. That's really my only gripe. " I wish I would have been the first to know. "

"Yeah, I know and I'm sorry. " She says quickly. " You weren't answering the phone and I needed to tell someone because I was freaking out. When Jax found out Wendy was pregnant I was the first person he told. I don't know... I just couldn't keep him in the dark any longer. "

I guess that makes sense... " I'm surprised that Donny didn't tell me when I talked to him a couple of days ago. "

"Don't be mad at him, I asked him not to. " She says sticking up for the dumbass. " I wasn't lying when I said I wanted you to hear it from me first. "

Part of me wants to tell her just how excited the news makes me. Another part of me wants to scream. I do not need to be worrying about her pregnant self while I'm still in here twiddling my thumbs. There's a war going on and this makes things ten times more complicated.

" Yeah. I went to the clinic and they confirmed it. " She says before setting a small square piece of paper in front of me.

Picking it up I see her name in the top corner and a weird black-and-white picture. An arrow points to a small blob. " Well Peaches, this is quite a predicament you know that right? "

" If you want to call this whole thing off I'd understand. " She says jumping to conclusions as usual.

It would be so easy to be mad at this news. To tell her to move out of my house and never darken my doorstep again. The only thing keeping me from it is the father of the baby and the moment we shared earlier. For the first time ever, I feel like I may just get what I want out of life. But that isn't absolute. Nothing is absolute.

Ah, Juicy boy. Where do I even start? His eyes? His mouth? His... Ass? I own all of it. After letting him cry on my shoulder over Bobby's death he and I have gotten very close. I didn't think he was into some of the things we've gotten into the last week. Part of me wonders how Jaycee will react to this information but at the same time, part of me knows she won't care. She had him first after all.  

If he doesn't want the kind of situation I'm trying to build with both of them... This whole thing could blow up in my face quickly. Sure we fuck around but that doesn't mean he'll want anything to do with me on the outs. He very well may decide that just experimenting in here is enough and tell me to fuck myself... Jaycee's my woman but I don't have the right to keep him from being a father. I wouldn't want to. 

She's worried about me kicking her to the curb and I'm over here thinking the opposite. What happens if she decides to leave once he's out? To have a normal family without me? Then I end up lone.