The Crow Flies Straight

Chapter Eighteen

TM

Jaycee

" This isn't a good idea, Jaycee. If Tully finds out... " 

Donny's right, it's probably not the best idea to come here... Just talking to Juice yesterday let me know that something's going down. Just sitting around waiting for it to happen isn't my style. I'm getting answers today whether Tully likes it or not. I believe in asking for forgiveness vs permission anyhow. 

" I'm a big girl you can't force me to listen. If he finds out the heat will be all on me I promise. Just come in I shouldn't be too long. " I tell him before getting out of the Escalade. 

We enter the clubhouse, which is suspiciously emptier than I've ever seen it. It's not a surprise the only bikes in the lot are Chibs' and Ratboy's. Donny takes a seat at the bar and I go looking for either. Just as I'm heading out into the garage, Chibs is coming in. 

" What the hell is going on Fil? " I ask not giving him a chance to gather himself.

He thinks about it for a moment before giving me a weary look. Taking my arm gently, he ushers me into the chapel. " There's something ye have the right to know... " 

" I knew something was up. What is it? " I ask impatiently. 

Putting both hands on my shoulders he heaves a huge sigh. " With the witch hunt for Tara's murderer, Jax has been inconsolable. Ye know that... " 

" Yeah... " I say trying to understand what he's getting at. 

Nodding he says, " remember Gib? One of the young guys we hired to get the guns and H from the Chinese? " 

I nod trying to give him the chance to explain everything before going off. 

He swallows hard. " We needed someone to take the blame for the attack on the Chinese so Bobby and Ratboy did him and his friend to shift the blame. " 

 " Okay? What does that have to do with anything? " I ask not understanding the point of this story.

That's when he drops it all on me. " Gib was Jury's secret son. No one knew about him and we purposefully made it look like we did it. Just to get Linn off of our backs so we could get him out. When we were ratted on to the Chinese, Jax got wind that it could have been Jury. That's when we found out that Gib was his son. It really looked like he ratted us out in retaliation. "

Why on earth would they think Jury would do that? If he had a problem, he'd have come to the club directly and handled it the right way. We all know him better than that. 

" What happened, Chibs? " I ask feeling my heart begin to race. 

Tears come to his eyes and he furiously wipes at them while clearing his throat. " Jury met us out in the desert with his VP. He and Jax had a conversation. Jax accused him and he denied being a rat. He admitted that he knew we killed his son, but would never rat on the MC he's patched into. Jury aimed his gun at Jax and he did the same. It ended with Jax shooting him in the head... Without knowing if he was the rat or not. And he wasn't. " 

This news hits me like a ton of bricks. Not Uncle Jury. Fuck, I really need to give Sassi a call. No wonder I haven't heard a word from her. My silence on his murder must speak volumes to her. 

" You mean to tell me... " I say feeling my voice waver. " That uncle Jury has been dead for weeks and no one thought to tell me?! "  

At least he has the consideration to look ashamed. " Aye, that's not all... He confessed to Indian Hills what really happened. After Juice told him who really killed Tara. "