Chapter 11. Boundaries

***a/n... I feel like a broken record but I am back after yet another unplanned break. On the plus side, this chapter is a long one so buckle up.

If you haven't already, head over to the incredible double update from my bestie @georgiesbxtch !

Thank you for reading, voting, commenting! & I hope you enjoy!

-Ren

~

Friday evening, after dinner, Madeline and Jolie's dorm became a sanctuary for relaxation.

Classes were dismissed, homework for the weekend was already done, and without a party or Hogsmeade to prepare for, it was the time for the girls to truly unwind.

They were laid out in their claimed spots. Daphne was painting her toenails on the end of Madeline's bed, Jolie was in the shower, and Madeline was more than comfortable sprawled out on the floor, flipping through her friend's collection of Witch Weekly's.

She learned what a nice evening with housemates looked like. It was like one big never ending slumber party.

Madeline skipped through the sections of wizard gossip columns, and just when she'd found the smallest excerpt on drafting the Perfect Moisturising Elixir, a string of obscenities screeched out from behind the nearby bathroom door.

"Fucking hell! Bugger! Fuck!"

Madeline startlingly searched the room to see Daphne continuing to paint her toes as if she hadn't heard a thing. Tea Kettle only slightly lifted her head just to flop over again on Jolie's bed.

A second later, an unperturbed Jolie walked out from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head.

Madeline looked up at her, rightfully horrified and concerned.

"Just the Hair Removal Charm," Jolie explained, unfazed.

"That's why I'll stick to my Muggle razors," Daphne said with a wince.

Jolie made her way toward her bed, stopping to pet Tea Kettle, then sitting on the end of Madeline's bed and pointed at Daphne's legs.

"And that's why you've got all those scrapes! All to avoid a little sting?"

Daphne gasped and hid her ankles with her hands.

"It beats having excruciating pain every time you want smooth legs!" she argued, to which Jolie gasped.

"Excruciating?"

"There's a Hair Removal Charm?" Madeline asked.

"Yes!" both Jolie and Daphne said in perfect sync. Daphne said it to Jolie, Jolie was answering Madeline's question.

"You can't convince me it doesn't hurt!" Daphne continued.

"Unless you let me do it, just once!" Jolie countered as she rested her hands on her hips.

As Daphne shook her head no, Jolie stood and walked over to Madeline who was enjoying the entertainment.

"Feel my leg," she ordered.

Madeline reached up and swiped her hand over Jolies calf. It was smooth as silk. She nodded, impressed.

"You'll have to teach me that," Madeline said.

"See?" Jolie whipped her head back at Daphne, making the towel on her head need an adjustment.

"Not a chance. Besides," Daphne said, sitting up, "I don't have any reason to. You just like to have silky legs for George."