Chapter 16. Trapped

(A/N <3)

Hi!!! I know it's been a long wait but this chapter needed lots of love and time. This was one of the first parts of Restricted that I ever wrote and really inspired me to continue writing.

I'm so grateful to you for continuing reading! Your support does not go unnoticed. :')

Of course, a million thank you's to my beta and bestie @georgiesbxtch for making this all possible. I don't know what I'd do without her.

And if you haven't read her work you are missing out! (also don't forget that Delirium takes place in this universe as well and brings in some amazing pov's from your favorite characters.)

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know I loved writing it (no matter how long it took)...

Lots of love, Ren.

~

"Draco, aren't you excited to see your old friend Nikolay?"

Madeline looked up from her porridge, trying not to nod off into it, to find Draco glaring at Jolie from across the table.

Her roommate raised an amused brow at him, smirking. Draco scoffed.

"Not particularly—"

"Well, I certainly am," Theo mused as he swiped the corner of his lip.

Beside Madeline, Daphne chuckled into her mug.

From Draco's glare to Theo's proud grin, Madeline recognised the story that must have come from the mention of his Dumstrang friend.

A story she'd most likely be hearing of later, but for now—she was much too tired to ask.

That morning, to Madeline's surprise, she had woken to the sounds of Jolie preparing for the day and sifting through their shared desk at her bedside.

It was uncommon for her to have slept in so late and especially unnerving that she was the one needing to be dragged out of bed and into her uniform.

She supposed the grogginess was to be expected from the several shared spliffs in Greenhouse Nine. Though, Jolie did not appear to be affected by it in the slightest.

Her roommate appeared just fine, spritely even as she sat beside her eating breakfast.

After pouring herself a second mug of coffee, Madeline tuned back into the conversation amongst the Slytherins discussing the impending arrival of the other two schools and the Tournament.

"It's Viktor I'll be pleased to see," Draco said sternly, "joining our table. Once we get in good graces with him, of course."

"We?" Theo asked, leaning forward past Pansy to shoot Draco a sly smile.

"Not you!" Draco spat. "Crabbe, Goyle, and I—obviously. I don't expect you lot to be on your best behaviour when I humbly welcome him—"

Pansy's harsh, audible scoff abruptly cut him off.

Madeline caught her friends' stares, sharing a quick look with Daphne and Jolie. Theo gently dropped his fork onto his plate and interlocked his hands on the table.

The four of them all tried their best not to grin as they prepared themselves for another round of bickering between the couple.

Like clockwork, Draco began.

"What now—?"

"Those two?" Pansy glared pointedly a few places down the table.

Madeline and the others turned, following her stare to see Crabbe and Goyle immersed in their own conversation—or to better put it, cackling at each other with their mouths open, crumbs of blueberry muffin spreading in every direction.