5: envidias

a/n: envidias- you envy

"robin?" bruce whispered over robin's shoulder. the shorter boy turned defensively, slamming his locker shut. "sorry, can i talk to you?" bruce asked.

"why?" he immediately asked.

"i just feel like i did something and i wanna make us right." bruce smiled. robin punched his locker, still staring at bruce.

"stop this nice guy shit. just stop!" robin yelled. bruce raised his eyebrow, confused on what robin was saying. "what, do i need to be any more clear? why do you pretend to be happy all the time and smile at me? you don't like me!"

"what do you mean? i do! you're so cool." bruce was confused. why would he be lying?

"shut the fuck up! no you don't, you're terrified of me and think i'm a psycho mexican!" robin growled. bruce furrowed his eyebrows, displeased with what robin was saying.

"that isn't true at all! robin, i'm not like these annoying white kids here, i understand you. everyone thinks i'm a smart chinese kids that knows martial arts. i'm japanese!" bruce laughed. robin looked up at him and scowled.

"just leave us alone." robin scoffed, walking off.

"us? who's us?" bruce asked, walking after him.

"finney and i." robin spat. bruce narrowed his eyes at him, trying to read the real problem. "you have other friends, hangout with them." robin threw his hand away as he stormed down the hall.

"are you jealous of me?" bruce called out. robin froze, giving bruce enough time to catch up to him. "no fucking way, are you gay?" he gawked.

"shut the hell up!" robin yelled, pushing bruce back. bruce barely budged with his mouth hung opened. "i'm not gay, yamada. you're outta your damn mind." he growled.

"hey, there's nothing wrong with being gay, robin." bruce whispered, putting his hand on robin's shoulder. robin quickly swatted his hand away, pushing him again.

"yes there is. i already can't speak english, i'm an immigrant and have anger tissues or whatever they're called. i can't be a fag on top of that!" robin screamed. bruce just stood, not sure what to say. "i'm done talking to you. stay away from us before you end up like stupid paperboy." robin finally escaped, leaving bruce in the hall.

he sighed, walking in the opposite direction.

***

"i hate jane austen, i hope she knows that." finney grumbled. bruce nodded, throwing his book into his locker.

"mrs. conner could also just not make us read this. the great gasby was so much better." bruce sighed. finney nodded, closing his locker.

"have you seen robin today? we're gonna hangout." finney said awkwardly.

bruce recalled his conversation with him earlier. he felt like shit after hearing everything robin said about himself. "i saw him enter math. he could already be home?"

"you're right, he leaves fast." finney recalled. "i'll see you monday, sorry i just-"

"need to find him? don't worry." bruce smiled. finney nodded, running off to robin's house. he didn't live far, just the complete opposite direction of his own house.

he arrived, seeing molly and some other girl smoking on the porch. they both saw him and pointed to the door. finney thanked them and entered to see robin drinking an agua fresca and bachata music playing.

robin put his glass down and made eye contact with finney. his ears turned red, thankfully being covered by his bandana. finney took his shoes off and ran to robin.

"gosh, i missed you today!" finney panted. robin smiled, pouring him a glass of the agua fresca. "where's you go?" he asked followed by chugging the drink.

"home. i always try to leave fast." robin shrugged. finney nodded, putting the glass down. robin shut the radio off and pulled finney onto the couch. "i don't need help today, i wanted to watch a movie with you."

"why didn't you just ask? i'm always down to hangout with you!" finney pouted. robin shrugged, even though he knew damn well that he didn't want anyone to tag along, mainly bruce.

"dunno." he shrugged. "so, texas chainsaw massacre?" robin asked, smirking with the vhs in his hand. finney sighed, knowing his fears of horror movies.

"sure. let me call my dad so he knows i'm sleeping over." finney said, leaving to the phone. robin set up the movie, waiting eagerly. he heard finney hang up five minutes later, now bouncing on the floor.

"if you get scared, i'll protect you." robin smirked with his arms out. finney swallowed as he sat down next to robin.

"how about we watch it when it's dark? it'll be cooler." finney suggested. "we can go to the corner store with the pinball machine?" he added.

"fine, chicken. but once we've eaten dinner, movie time." robin threatened, exiting the room. finney sighed, now really nervous.

•••

a/n: make sure u vote PLS