8: yikes

cw- homophobic slurs

robin walked into school, immediately charging for finney's locker. he wasn't there yet, which scared robin. finney is always nice and early.

"boo!" two voices yelled, grabbing robin's shoulders. robin turned around, pulling out his pocket knife. finney was laughing from being used to this, but bruce held his hands up.

"oh fuck, you assholes scared me!" robin groaned, putting the knife away. bruce chuckled nervously, looking at the knife.

"sorry, novio. we're just playing around." finney giggled, wrapping his arm around robin's shoulder. robin blushed a bit at the name, hiding his smile.

the three of them kept talking, mostly finney and bruce and robin ignoring them. finney stopped them in front of his and robin's history room, still talking to bruce.

"the bell's gonna ring, we should go." robin said, straight up entering the room. finney was confused at his sudden disappearance, but bruce knew what was up.

"peace out, finn. see you at lunch." bruce said awkwardly, leaving to his class. he remembered everything robin yelled about, which made him feel shitty. but they're just friends, and bruce knows that.

finney walked in as the bell rang, seeing robin caving into his desk. he sat in front of him and turned to glare at him.

"yes?" robin asked, still carving.

"do you hate bruce?" finney asked. robin looked up and nodded slowly. "why?! he's a nice guy!" finney retaliated.

"that's the problem, finn." robin grumbled. before finney could respond, their teacher mr. homles bursted into the room.

"alright! we're going to be doing a project on a historical hero we look up to. it can be a president, an inventor, even a band!" he explained. robin rolled his eyes, not really paying attention. finney was confused by what robin said.

that's the problem, finn.

***

"i told him to leave us alone though!" robin yelled, throwing rocks off the roof. molly put her soda down and finally looked at robin. "he even asked if i was gay in the hallway. es un pendejo." (he's an asshole) robin mumbled.

"yeah. he might be a faggot too." molly shrugged. robin smacked her in the back of the head, making her punch him in the nose. "te enseñaba cómo pelear, fuckhead." (i taught you how to fight) molly scoffed, rubbing her fist.

"stop calling people fags, it's insulting." robin grumbled.

"why? because it's true?" she asked with a shit eating grin. robin just groaned. "okay okay, i will. is he gay?" she asked.

"i dunno! he seams like it though. always so fucking happy and bubbly. it's annoying." robin whined, laying down. molly squinted at him, shaking her head. "what now?"

"i think he's straight or isn't into finney. he's this nice to everyone. you threatened to kick his ass and he still hangs around you. he has some balls." molly explained. "just be nice to him, you sound like a dick."

"aren't you the same girl who pushed her ex boyfriend down the stairs?" robin asked.

"i'll push you off the fucking roof next, puta. don't try it." molly growled, grabbing his collar. robin nodded, rolling his eyes at the threat. "i had reason to. bruce hasn't done anything that personal, he's just nice."

"you don't get it though!" he cried.

"no i don't! you sound insane right now. it's like if i said i wanted ford or nixon dead, even though i kinda do." molly said. robin furrowed his eyebrows with a look of confusion. "they were the last two presidents. that asshole ford is the reason dad died in vietnam."

"oh. that's a bad comparison!" robin shouted. "are you drunk or something?"

"i know that now!" she screamed back. robin sighed, sitting back up. "and i'm high, get it right dickweed. look, just try to be his friend. if he's a total douche, good! you have reason to hate him." molly shrugged.

"robin, molly! abuela is here!" marina yelled from the street. they both climbed off the roof and saw abuela sitting on the stairs. they walked up to her just to be swallowed by her hug.

"¡mi nietos! ¿son hambre?" (my grandkids! you guys hungry?) she asked. they didn't have time to nod before she dragged them into the house, showing them the feast of food she made.

"she made it to test recipes for robin's birthday!" marina giggled as she ran into the house. robin nodded, thanking her. "i want tamales!" marina yelled.

robin ignored his family's bickering, and wondered about finney. they avoided fighting, but this was different for some reason. a lovers quarrel? maybe just a disagreement. all robin knew was that he hated this feeling.