10: bandana

cw- homophobic slurs

rainy saturday. probably the worst day to rain since you can't really be outside. finney was sprawled out on the floor with some true crime playing. gwen was asleep on the couch, even though it was only 10 am.

he could only think about after his game yesterday. was bruce really gay? no way he was. how many guys are just nice though?

finney was spiraling. the last time he fought with robin like this was when robin got into a fight outside of his uncle's house. robin yelled at finney saying that it was none of his business.

he got up and dialed the phone to robin's house. it rang twice before he heard distant yelling.

"christina! marina! ¡cállate!" (shut up!) robin shouted. finney gasped, happy to hear his voice. "arellano house." he said in his best american accent.

"robin! hey, it's finn!" finney said excitedly.

"yeah i know your voice. the fuck do you want?" he asked aggressively, leaning against the wall. finney was taken aback by his tone.

"can i come over? i need to talk to you." finney whispered. robin looked around his house, seeing marina and his two cousins christina, and antonio running around.

"not right now? at like two." robin said. finney cheered silently.

"ok, see you then!"

"bye." robin slammed the phone back onto the wall and sighed. finney was the last person he wanted to see, yet was missing him so badly.

***

finney threw his bike onto robin's front yard and ran to the front steps. before he even knocked, robin swung the door opened.

he was wearing a wife beater and basketball shorts with his hair all messy. there was a fresh cut on his cheek and a bit of blood on his shirt.

"aren't you coming in?" robin asked, stepping out of the way. finney slowly entered and slipped his soaked shoes. "don't worry, it was just my cousin." robin mumbled, talking about his cuts.

finney barely had time to take in the messy house as robin dragged him to his room and locked the door. they sat on his bed in silence, neither wanting to talk first.

"what happened with your cousin?" finney finally asked.

"he stole my dad's bandana." robin whispered. finney nodded, putting his hand on robin's thigh. robin reached to hold his hand before remembering why finney's here. "hey! i'm still mad at you, stop being nice to me!" he shouted, standing up.

"you're mad at me, i'm not mad at you. i'm trying to console you." finney said sternly. robin cocked his head to the side, confused at his words.

"console?"

"like to comfort you, make you happy." finney explained. robin just said "oh" not really getting why finney was being nice right now. "i want you to talk to me, robin. and i know you'd rather murder me than do that, but it's for your own good."

robin furrowed his eyebrows at the thought of expressing himself. he simply doesn't know how to or what he's feeling at that.

"what do i say? why i'm mad at you?" he asked. finney nodded. "uhm, i don't like bruce."

"why?"

"i dunno! he's gay!" robin said in an accusatory way. finney frowned. "he's always sucking on your dick when he talks to you, it's annoying!"

"what? robin, he's just-"

"a nice guy, i fucking know, smartass. but he's too nice. like a i wanna fuck you type of nice," robin continued. "he's also smarter than me, nicer, more popular, and just everything i'm not!"

"you're jealous?"

"what?! no!" robin shrieked. finney gave him a really? look, making robin bite his nails. "i've never been jealous in my life." he muttered, walking to his dresser.

"do you know what jealous means?" finney asked. robin nodded as he changed into a t-shirt with the jackson five on it.

"that was racist, finn."

"no, i don't mean to ask that way. you just seem confused on it. you just explained that you feel threatened by bruce when it comes to our relationship and compared yourself to him, saying he's better than you." finney explained.

robin threw his old shirt into his hamper and leaned against the dresser with his arms folded. finney walked over to him, but kept his distance a bit.

"i know you don't wanna hear me speak right now, because i'm fucking right, but you're in denial about your feelings." finney whispered.

"shut up, you fag! i don't have time for this." robin scoffed, pushing finney to the ground. "you think you can just waltz into my house and- and be annoying? pfft." he stammered.

"what did you gain from calling me a fag?" finney asked.

"it made me feel better about myself." robin shrugged, sitting on his bed. finney went back to sit next to him and sighed.

"you're fucking gay! you're so gay, you're mad at me for having a friend that's nice to me!" finney yelled, shaking robin by the shoulders.

robin sighed with his vision growing blurry. he stayed looking down at his lap with droplets of tears falling on his legs.

"i dunno, finney. i'm just scared of loosing you." robin started. "it started after the baseball game when we were getting ice cream. i wanted to just be with you." robin mumbled as his sniffles became louder.

"i get that, but you can't have me all to yourself. and i was still with you! i'm always with you and never want to be away from you." finney whispered. "i'll never leave you behind, robin."

"promise?" robin said, holding out his pinky. they interlocked pinkies and laughed at the childish sentiment. "i'm sorry for screaming at you." finney shushed him, pulling him into a hug.

"i'm glad you yelled at me, you never say stuff like that." finney sighed. robin nodded, squeezing finney closer. "is robin arellano crying?" finney gasped sarcastically.

"shut up." robin laughed.