9: celoso

a/n: celoso- jealous

and thank you all for the support with my spanish! my mom and "abuela" stopped teaching me when i was like seven so i've been using help from my friends <3

robin stared at finney throughout his baseball game. it was finney's sixth game of the season, but robin's second time watching. whenever he was batting, pitching, even the farthest outfield, he was staring.

he was staring around gwen, donna and bruce who were cheering loudly, but robin was silent. he would shoot him a smile or wink when they rarely met eyes.

"finney is amazing at baseball, and i'm not saying that just as his sister. he might be the best in the league." gwen boasted.

"oh, for sure. my team talks about him all the time. he's made us all strike out at least once." bruce explained. gwen and donna gawked, but robin didn't even turn around.

"and he's cute. like total girl magnet." donna added. gwen looked over at robin, who physically cringed. she just awkwardly nodded so she didn't seem suspicious.

"finney struck out!" robin screamed and jumped. they all got up and watched finney throw the bat down and walk over to the bench.

finney was pissed off, the pitcher was james nickelson. he was a high schooler and a total asshole. he sat on the bench and looked up at his coach.

"bad play, blake. you can't show poor sportsmanship like that." the coach grumbled. finney rolled his eyes, kicking at the dirt. he was angry and embarrassed in front of his friends. in front of robin.

***

finney ran over to his friends and was immediately hugged robin. the rest of them caught up to the two of them and joined in the hug.

"you killed it, finney! you even got james nickelson out with that epic catch!" gwen cheered as they all pulled off.

"yeah! we should celebrate!" donna added. "who's up for the diner?" everyone agreed, running to their bikes. robin and finney went a little slower than everyone just to be alone.

"you're my favorite baseball player." robin whispered, throwing his arm over finney's shoulder. finney rolled his eyes, holding his dangling hand.

"you're like really short. i'm surprised you aren't on your tippy toes." finney whispered back. robin gasped dramatically, holding his heart like he was stabbed.

"you're so mean! i just complimented you, pendejo!" robin pouted. finney shrugged, sticking his tongue out at robin.

"i was complimenting you too! i like short boys." finney smirked kissing robin's cheek. robin smiled, twirling while holding his face. "you're annoying."

"finney likes annoying people, noted." robin said, smiling devilishly.

"i guess i do." finney shrugged, squeezing robin's face.

***

"i love milkshakes so much~!" finney sang as the server slid four of them onto the table. they all put a straw in and sipped together, except robin.

"you really don't want one, robin?" bruce asked. robin shook his head, taking the milkshake from finney's hands.

"finn's a bitch, so he can't finish one of these." robin said through his sips.

"i can attest to that." finney chuckled, eating some fries. gwen at them with a smirk, sipping her own drink. finney returned the smile. they all went quiet as waterloo by abba played.

"abba's playing! donna, get up!" gwen screamed, yanking donna from the booth. they ran to the radio. and started singing and dancing.

"we were abba for halloween last year because of them." finney sighed and pretended to shiver at the thought. him and bruce talked a bit more, boring robin extremely.

"my history project is gonna be babe ruth."

"didn't he curse the red sox?" finney asked as he fed a fry to robin. bruce nodded, swirling his drink around.

"i hate the red sox, hence why he's my hero." bruce shrugged. finney laughed with his mouth full. robin sighed, nibbling a fry. "you might be better than babe ruth, though. your arm is fucking mint!" bruce grabbed finney's wrist, waving it around playfully.

the girls came back from their abba high and watched whatever bruce and finney were doing. bruce hummed the take me out to the ballgame song as him and finney swayed back and forth.

"you guys should sing a duet. ooh! don't go breaking my heart by elton john!" donna squealed. finney and gwen both froze, staring at donna. "i'll go request it!"

before gwen could stop her, she was already at the counter. finney looked over at robin, who was drawing circles in the table.

"he said yes! cmon you two!" donna yelled, pulling them up. finney repeatedly declined, but donna wasn't listening.

the song started and finney immediately broke into song. robin looked over at them and groaned before leaving through the back. bruce turned them so they were facing each other.

"ooh hoo, nobody knows it!" they sang, finney sounding a little shaky.

"robin left!" gwen finally said. finney and bruce made eye contact before finney ran out the front doors. he saw robin picking up his bike and grumbling under his breath in spanish.

"robin! where are you going?!" finney asked, stopping robin. he looked up at finney with tears in his eyes, angry tears.

"i'm going home! go back and sing elton john with your boyfriend." robin scoffed. finney furrowed his eyebrows at the comment.

"you're upset about elton john?" finney asked.

"i'm upset that... i don't know i'm just fucking upset!" robin yelled  he pushed finney away harshly and swung his leg over the bike. "your arm is mint, what the fuck does that even mean?!"

"it's a baseball thing!" finney answered, putting his hands on robin's.

"it's fucking gay, that's what it is." he scoffed.

"wait, you're mad about bruce?" finney asked. robin huffed out violently as he folded his arms. "robin, how long have you felt this way?"

"i dunno, stop talking! you're making me wanna punch you more and more." robin growled, pushing finney again and getting back onto his bike. "also i finished your milkshake." robin added before peddling off.

finney just stood their stupidly. he was pissed off at himself and robin. why can't he just express himself? why won't he just talk to me? he finally calmed down and entered the diner to the three of them sitting awkwardly.

"gwen, we should head home." finney sighed. gwen complied immediately and got up with finney. "see you guys at school." he smiled softly and left.