Chapter Five: Grief Counceling

I knocked on Jack's door and entered his room once he said I could come in.

    "Clone Wars?" I asked once I saw what he was watching on the computer.

    "Yeah. The computer said I would like it." he answered. "I like Obi-Wan. I don't like Anakin though."

    "That's probably for the best, considering what happens later on." I said as I walked over to his end, watching over his shoulder.

    He looked up. "Uh...you can sit. If you want."

    I sat next to him as the two of us watched Star Wars together, reading thoughts until Sam entered the room.

    "Dude. We were watching Star Wars." I told him.

    "Yeah, sorry to break this up, but we got a case. You're both coming with." he said and walked out.

    I sighed softly and got off his bed. "We'll continue watching later."

    "Sounds good to me." Jack said as he closed his laptop. "Hey, Anna?"

    "Yeah?" I looked back at him as I stood at his door.

    "How do you get Dean to not hate you?"

    "Well, I'm not sure he doesn't hate me, Jack. But, if you try and do your part during the hunt, he'll be just fine. He values progress above everything, except Sam." I answered him.

Jack got up and put his laptop in his backpack, walking out into the hallway with me and meeting up with the brothers.

"Are we ready to go?" Dean asked as he loaded his gun.

"What are we up against?" I asked him as Sam handed me a gun.

    "Get in the car. Sam and I will fill you two in on the drive there." Dean said.

    I looked at Jack and he started up the stairs with me and heading outside into the chill air, opening the car door for me and letting me get in first before he got in the car and closed the door.

     "We're headed to Wisconsin. The next door neighbor claims she saw the vics dead wife fleeing the crime scene." Dean informed us as we drove down the road.

    "So we're most likely looking for a vengeful ghost or a....ghoul?" I said.

    "That's our guesses." Sam nodded.

    "Hey, Anna, keep an eye on the kid, will you?" Dean said to me.

    "Like I'm gonna let him out of my sight." I said.

Jack smiled at me and looked backs t the older brother. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Oh, great. The lovebirds are back together." Dean huffed.

"Shut up, Dean." I said.

                               💠💠💠

I stood in the graveyard with the boys as we came across the wife's gravestone.

    Dean grabbed a shovel and looked at Jack. "You wanted to help. Here"—he tossed the shovel to Jack—"dig."

   I looked at Dean and walked over to him as he walked away. "Dean. What's up with all the orders?"

    "Yeah. You're starting to sound like Dad." Sam butted in.

    "Is that a bad thing?" Dean asked us.

    "You're being a drill sergeant. That worked for you, but not for me, remember?" Sam said. "And I don't think that's going to get through to Jack either."