Chapter Eighteen: Desperate Times

A light knock was heard on my door and the door opened, Castiel walking through.

    "What is it?" I asked as I sniffed, wiping the tears from my eyes.

    "Anna, I know you're grieving, and you have every right to, but now is not the time—"

    "My fiancé is dead, Cass. Don't tell me now's not the time to grieve." I snapped, looking at the angel. "Unless if you guys have a revolutionary idea to get him back, leave me alone. I'll come to you when I'm ready."

    "When will that be?" Cass asked.

    "When I feel like it." I answered, turning away from him.

    "Guys," Sam's voice echoed through the halls and he ran into my room. "Hey, um....we're...we're gonna be having a few drinks. You know, for Jack. Want to join?"

    I sighed and got up. "Hopefully a few drinks help me." I said and we walked out into the hall, finding Dean already pouring four glasses of whiskey.

    "Hey, Anna. Have a drink, kid." Dean handed me a drink as I sat next to him on a stool as the others sat as well.

    I took the drink from him and drank it in one gulp, setting my cup down and having Dean pour another drink for me.

    "Hey, um...do you guys remember when Jack tried to cook breakfast for us?" Sam asked after we had all had a few drinks.

    "Yeah. He burnt it so bad we had to get takeout at Rooster Robin's." Dean answered with a slight chuckle. "What about that one time where we all went on a Hunting trip and he totally sliced off that vamp's head for touching Anna?"

    "I did not know Jack had that kind of strength until then." Sam answered.

    "Yeah, well, love can make you do things you never dreamt of before." Dean answered with a smile at me. "And he sure did love you."

    I smiled a little and nodded, pouring myself another glass. "I know. I loved him, too."

    "We know, kid." Dean set a hand on my back.

    After a few more drinks and talking well past midnight, Sam and Castiel finally got up and left the kitchen, leaving me and Dean alone to drink.

    "Looks like we're drinking buddies," Dean took my glass away and handed me the bottle he was drinking from. "Knock yourself out, kid. Just leave some for me."

    I took the bottle from him and took a big drink from it, hand it back to him. "Dean...what's going to happen to him?"

    "We're going to give him a Hunter's funeral. He deserves it." he answered as he took a drink, handing it back to me.

    "Hm," I nodded and took one more drink, setting the bottle down and rubbing my hands down my face. "My face feels like it's gonna fall off, man."

    "You get used to it, kid." he answered with a slight smile.

💠💠💠

I looked over and saw Dean waking up from his hangover.

    "Drink some water." I said to Dean as I handed him a glass, drinking my own.

    "Mornin', Anna. Feeling any better?" he asked as he drank his water.

    "I was until you asked that." I answered and the two of us walked out into the main room where Cass, Sam, and another woman was talking.

    "Dean, Anna, you both remember Lily Sunder." Cass said once he spotted us.

    "Lily?" I looked at her, "you got old."