Chapter 8

They sat close to each other and Shide held Shuyi's face in his hands.

Now tell me everything.

Shuyi took a deep breath..His name is Akira. He was my boyfriend during high school and he cheated on me not once, but for a long time before I found out. Out of anger, I slapped and insulted him in front of many people. I thought I'd never see his face again, but yesterday, I saw him in the college cafeteria. I left after seeing him as fast as I could because his face reminds me of how toxic and miserable our relationship was and how hard it was for me to forget him after he broke my heart. I thought a lot about it last night that maybe, it was just a coincidence seeing each other in the same place and maybe we could walk our separate ways like adults but this morning, I saw the poster. You must have seen it too, right?

Shide nodded.

See, everyone saw it because of that bastard. People think I'm some cheap hooker. And I thought this was a new beginning for me.

Shide gently touched his face and wiped his tears with his fingers.

I'm sorry. This must be hard for you, but trust me, things will get better with time. Soon people will forget about you and find something else to talk about. And about that fucker, I will take care of him.

No, you can't hit him. That will get you in trouble with the college authorities. Also, he has other compromising photographs of me as well, I can't imagine what will happen if he spreads them.

Shide's expressions tensed. He didn't know how he should help Shuyi out of this situation. He kept holding his hands grazing his thumb back and forth gently.

Even if things get worse, you'll always have me.

Shuyi felt his heartbeat get louder. He couldn't understand why he felt so safe and comfortable around Shide so quickly. It was like Shide was his missing piece of puzzle.

Next morning

Shide drove Shuyi to the university since he was worried to leave him alone. They were talking about Akira when he actually showed up in front of them.

 They were talking about Akira when he actually showed up in front of them