Chapter 9

They got out of the car and walked inside the house. Shuyi felt weak in the legs because of the stress and trauma Akira was making him go through. He tripped over and almost fell before Shide grabbed his shoulders and held him.

Are you alright? Sit down, I'll get you water.

Shuyi just nodded.

What did Akira want you to do within a week's time?

Doesn't matter, I don't have a choice anyway.

You do.

What do you mean?

You can be my boyfriend.

Shuyi froze for a moment. For some reason, his heart started beating faster.

Huh?

I mean, we can pretend to be boyfriends. My father is one of the board of directors in this university because of which no one can dare to speak against me and if you become my boyfriend, they will stop humiliating you and so will Akira.

You think?

I guess it's worth trying. After all, I don't really mind having such a cute guy like you as my man.

hahaha we're just going to fake it, you don't need to flirt.

So tomorrow, we let everyone know?

I don't know, won't it be too much trouble for you?

As long as it helps you, I can go through all the troubles.

Meanwhile Akira and Yuuki-

Why did you stop me Yuuki? It was so embarrassing.

If I hadn't, you would have lost the university and my dad his job.

What are you talking about?

That guy with Shuyi, he's no ordinary person. He's the son of my dad's boss. I saw him at the hotel's inauguration event. After I saw him earlier today, I made a call to a senior to confirm it was really him, and guess what he told me. His father is also a board of director in the university.

What shocks me more is why is he pretending to be Shuyi's boyfriend?

Why do you think he's pretending?

Cause I know Shuyi too well. He cannot fall in love with a person he's just met. He is old school when it comes to relationships.

If Shide lied just to protect him, I guess all we have to do is provoke him to prove he loves Shuyi, he'll freak out when people start thinking of him as a faggot.

Exactly, you'll see how quickly he will abandon Shuyi then. Ahh... Shuyi will be so embarrassed!!!!

Next morning

Shuyi and Shide drove to the university together as usual but this time Akira was already waiting for them.

Good morning love birds!

Shuyi was stunned for a moment to hear his voice all of a sudden. Shide held his hand to calm him down.

 Shide held his hand to calm him down

Akira looked down at the hands.

Sweet, well everyone will love to see more of both of you at the camp.

He winked and smirked at Shuyi and left.

What camp?

You don't know? Us seniors have organised a 3 day camping trip to welcome the freshers.

Oh I see. I'm sure Akira has planned something judging by the look on his face.

Don't worry, I'll be right by your side.

Even after Akira had left, they were still holding hands. Shuyi always got shy when Shide talked sweetly. He removed his hand from Shide's and turned to him.

Alright then, I should go now. See you at home?

Shide nodded. He loved it when Shuyi called his apartment their home.