Chapter 15: Into The Dining Room

Brad whistled as he unlocked the door and entered the Dining Room. Surprisingly, he wasn't afraid of doing so. However, that happy mood was later ruined by him falling for an old slapstick cliché...slipping on a banana peel that was on the floor. He fell to the floor, and felt a bit dizzy for a moment or so. 

"Yosemite Sam was right...dad burn slapstick cliché..." Brad grumbled as he stood back up. "Now who or what left that there?" He questioned as he vacuumed it up. 

Looking ahead of him, he saw more banana peels, so he took care of those too. After doing so, some crazy and bizarre sounds filled the air, coming from the dining table. Brad walked over there, making the sounds become louder. It sounded like someone was eating something at a rapid pace, so Brad turned off his flashlight and saw a ghost sitting there! It was also eating a ghostly meal that looked like either rice or mashed potatoes, and was transparent. 

"Looks like another one of the portrait ghosts..." Brad thought as he watched the clearly overweight looking ghoul eat away. 

He pointed the watch at its heart and scanned it, getting the biography he needed. 

"Mr. Butch T. Rabbit, the gluttonous ghost. He prefers all-you-can-eat buffets as his three meals per day. He died by overeating, and yet was still never satisfied." 

Brad looked back at this ghost, wondering how somebody could eat so much food to the point where they allowed themselves to die, and was a Toon, no less! 

"Nobody can see me in this darkness!" Mr. Butch boomed suddenly, his voice scaring Brad out of his mind. "No one, no one, no one, noooooooooo one!!!!!

Brad looked at the meal he was eating and hatched an idea. He'd vacuum up the ghost's food, which would no doubt anger it and attack Brad, allowing him to see its heart and suck it into the Spirit Sucker 5000! 

"Brad T. Rabbit, you are a genius." He said as he pointed the vacuum at the food on the plate. However, he noticed that said food wasn't budging at all! 

"Hey, what gives, Mr. Writer? If that's not what I gotta do, then what's the game plan here?" He complained. 

He turned his head and spotted some candles that were unlit. Remembering that he could use the power of the Fire Medallion, he walked over and sprayed fire onto each one, lighting them up. Mr. Butch became more visible, so Brad tried sucking up his food once more. At that moment, he spotted two blue ghosts carrying plates full of whatever the big guy was eating, and suddenly, everything clicked in Brad's mind. He first took care of those guys, and then proceeded to vacuum up all the food. Once it was all gone, Mr. Butch looked down at his empty plate in horror, wondering where all the food went before throwing a gigantic fit. 

"What the? What happened to my delicious meal?! ARGH!!!" 

He slammed his fists onto the table like a child unable to watch their favorite cartoon show. He then threw a tantrum, fussing and whatnot. 

"That definitely seemed to do the trick...maybe a little too well." Brad nervously gulped. 

He was proven right as Mr. Butch started to burp out FIREBALLS at our black fuzz covered friend. He hopped out of the way, but not before one blazed right by Brad's tail, setting it on fire. 

"YOW!!!!!!!!" Brad cried out as he ran around in circles, trying to fan out the flames. 

One burnt tail later, Brad continuously dodged each fireball that was headed his way, until Mr. Butch collapsed onto the table, tired of all the huffing and puffing he did. Brad saw this moment of vulnerability and seized it as he stunned the ghoul in place with his flashlight, then fired up his vacuum. It took a little while, but our hero took care of the ghost. Through with that business, the lights shined once more and another treasure chest formed in the middle of the room. Brad opened it and out came lots of money, coins, and gold bars! Plus, there was also a very shiny diamond that looked like it was worth a fortune! 

"Isabella would be having a field day if she were here to see all this right now." Brad grinned as he pocketed all the riches. 

Done with that, he went on over to the door at the end of the room, which to his surprise, was unlocked! He took a deep breath and went inside, wondering what awaited him on the other side.