Chapter five. Going back to the spice shop and seeing Neil again.

Rosalie was laying down new carpeting down when she heard a knock at the front door, she opened the door as the doorbell jingled. "Another partner?" Rosalie asked as she moved out of the way to let the detective and his partner in.

"Sort of. This is Monroe. Monroe, this is Rosalee Calvert." Nick said as he introduced the two to each other. "I knew your brother. I'm sorry." Monroe told Rosalie sincerity, before Nick said. "We need to get into the basement."

"Do you need me to go with you?" Rose asked them. "No, just a little follow up." Nick replied back. "Okay." Rosalie said, before leading them down to the basement.

"Hey, this box was opened and it looks like some of the vials were taken." Nick said as he used his flashlight as he looked over the thing that had the vials in it . "I can't be certain, but it looks a little bit like "j". Monroe told Nick as he looked at it with him. "J"? Nick asked as he looked at Monroe, a bit confused as to what he was talking about and what it was used for. "It's derived from Jansene.

It's a kind of mold. It's lethal to most of humanity, but it has an opiate-like effect on... us. If used correctly, it's an incredible pain killer, but if it's used for recreational purposes, it's like meth mixed with rat poison and helium. It's highly addictive.
It's terrible for your liver and it's not so good for your brain either. Of course, if you had a brain, you wouldn't be using the stuff in the first place." Monroe explains to Nick , before looking at Rosalie when she cane down to the basement.

"Did you find something?" She asked the two. "Do you know of a drug called "j"? Nick asked. "Yes". "Do you know if your brother was selling it?"

"Even if he was, it's... it's not illegal."

"She's right. That's why you... you know, the cop you... Has never heard of it." Monroe told him.

"I need to know everything in this basement that a Wesen would kill for." Nick said.

"Will it help you find the men who killed my brother?" Rose replied.

"I hope so." Nick replied to her.

"Then I'll do it now."

"Okay. I'll call you later." Nick got ready to leave with Monroe, when Rosalie stopped Monroe from leaving. "You said you knew my brother?" She asked him gently. "Yes." Monroe said, before they both woged and looked at each other, as they then woged back. "I just wanted to make sure. So they don't know, do they?" Rosalie looked over at Nick. "Who?" Nick asked as he looked over at her.

"The cops you work with. They don't know who you are." Rosalie told him. "No." "Does it matter?" Monroe asked Rosalie, as he looked at her a bit confused as to why it mattered. "I'm just trying to...understand how... How this works." She replied. "It's, um... It's a little complicated." Monroe told her, not sure how exactly to explain it to her. "Yeah, I can see that. Just find the men who killed my brother." Rose told them both.

After Nick left there and took Monroe, he headed home to see Juliette, as he drove home he thought about what he had learned about Monroe's sister and about the assistant whom he was going to talk tomorrow, but he wondered if Shadow also knew something about the attack.

Neil leaned his head back on his couch and looked up at the ceiling as he thought about Shadow and what had happened, he closed his eyes and took deep breaths trying to relax before he woged and took his anger out on something for killing his friend.

He eventually got up and decided to get ready for bed, so he brushed his teeth and showered before laying down in his bed staring up at the ceiling, thinking about Monroe's sister and about how he might or could see her again somehow.

Shadow was upstairs in her bedroom after just getting ready for bed, she stared up at the ceiling thinking about Neil hoping he was alright and not involved in any of this, since it didn't seem like something that he should be involved in especially because he didn't do anything wrong. She shook her head gently and took off her glasses, before trying to get some sleep while letting her mind drift off.

The next morning...

Neil got up and got ready for the day, before going to get a coffee like he did every other morning. He was a little soaked from the rain but he kept to himself and stayed quiet, as he ordered his coffee and grabbed some breakfast as he then walked over to his usual spot and sat down, where he noticed someone sitting at a table alone with their hood up close to the window.

But Neil recognized who it was as he got up and walked over to her, he sat down across from her and saw her face even though she was looking out the window. "Do you mind if I sit here?" Neil asked, as he continued to look at her and admire how beautiful she was.

Shadow heard someone sit down across from her, as she listened to rain hitting the glass while she looked out the window

Shadow heard someone sit down across from her, as she listened to rain hitting the glass while she looked out the window. She heard the person across from her and the voice sounded familiar,
she turned her head to look across the table and she did a double take when she saw Neil. "Neil? Um...n-no I don't mind." She mumbled quietly as she fought back a smile, she was quite happy to see him again.

Neil nodded his head as he smiled softly at her, before the two of them got into a small conversation with each other until their breakfast and coffee was brought to them. After that they both continued to talk and got to know each other better, Neil honestly was starting to fall for her more then he already was.