Chapter 6. Neil goes to see his mother

Neil looked at his watch on his right wrist at the time, before looking at his phone after he pulled it out of his pocket when he got a text from his sister. "Mom wanted me to tell you, that she is wanting to see you. She also being awfully kind, so do try to stay on her good side." Neil sighed softly as he read the text, he hated how both his mom and sister weren't exactly the nicest.

"Is everything okay?" Shadow asked Neil, as he saw his whole expression and mood change when he looked at his phone. Neil looked up when he heard Shadow ask him if he was okay, he put his phone away not wanting to answer his sister at the moment with how bossy/demanding she was being right now.

"Yeah, but I have to get going. If you want maybe we could do this again sometime." He told her, as he wrote down his number before giving it to her. "Okay, y-yeah sure is like to do this sometime again. I guess I'll call you if I need anything or need someone to talk to I guess." Shadow said softly, as she took the paper from him.

Neil smiled a little and nodded his head, he was definitely okay with that and wouldn't mind her calling him for those reasons. "I'm okay with that, I'm sorry for having to rush but I hopefully will see you again soon." He told her,
before paying for their food and heading out to go see his mom which he was nervous about since she was being very kind, which wasn't normal but his mom sometimes nicer to him then his sister.

Shadow sat there and let out a sigh when he had walked out the diner door, before shaking her head and grabbing her backpack as she then stood up to leave.

She walked out of the diner and to her car, she thought about what Freddy had told her about the medication before he was killed, so she was thinking about going to see his sister to see if she could help her.

Neil felt bad for having to leave Shadow like that, but he didn't want to get ripped a new one for not going to see his mother. He was secretly hoping that Shadow would call him later to talk, he would just have to wait and see if she does. Neil eventually made it to his moms place and parked his car, before getting out and walking up to the door thinking about how much he really didn't want to be there right.

Neil knocked on the door and waited for it to open, he walked in once the door had opened

Neil knocked on the door and waited for it to open, he walked in once the door had opened. He looked around as it closed behind him, before see his mom walking over to where he was. "Neil my darling is so good to see you my dear boy." Catherine said with a smile as she pulled her son into a hug.

Neil hugged his mom back with a small smile, he was happy to see his mom even if they didn't have the best relationship. "Good to see you to mother." Neil said, before pulling back from the hug. "I'm so glad your back home, Adalind tells me you work at the spice shop. I heard about what happened to your boss, it was very tragic to hear he was a nice man." Catherine said, as she walked into the kitchen to get them both a drink.

Neil sat down on the couch wondering what she had needed to talk to him about, since she was being awfully nice and it was kinda scaring him a little bit knowing how she got when she wanted something.

"He was, what exactly did adaline tell you?" Neil asked his mother, he wondered what truck both of them had up their sleeve because he could never really trust either of them with anything.

"Well, she tells me that you have a crush on a girl that regularly comes to the spice shop which I'm very glad to hear. Because maybe at least one of my children will at least settle down but I would like to meet her, I don't want you with just anyone." Catherine said, as she came back with drinks for the both of them.