6. eddie's trailer

!TW: implied abuse and suicidal thoughts!

       My head smacks against the rough ground and I curse louder than I ever have in my life

My head smacks against the rough ground and I curse louder than I ever have in my life. The pain shoots through my head, sending a staggering blade through me and making me relive the pain of hitting my head on the bleachers all over again.

And just when I think it can't get any worse, the creature that pulled me down wraps around my leg and bites it, forcing its razor teeth to sink into my skin. I throw my head back in agony and scream again, feeling as though this is the end for me. Everything hurts all at once and my mind is suddenly too foggy for me to think. I wonder what the other side will be like.

"Ronnie..." A deep, guttural voice swarms my ears, but there's no one around. I fade in and out of consciousness, trying to respond to the voice, but nothing comes out. "Ronnie..." it repeats again and I feel tears stream down my face. Is this God? Or Satan? Here to bring me to wherever the hell it is they take people like me? "I've been watching you Ronnie... I know how you think... How you feel... What you've done..." The voice grows more malevolent sounding with each sentence and I start screaming with any of the might that I have left. I try to kick these bats off of me, but its no use, their grip is far too strong for me. I examine it to see that it's some sort of bat-like creature with no eyes and tails longer than my arm as it slithers around my ankles like a snake.

Suddenly, a figure appears in my peripheral vision and I look over, watching as a blurry figure hobbles closer to me. When the figure approaches, I'm able to make out what looks like a run down look-a-like of Chrissy. My throat closes as she limps closer to me, her eyes missing and her bones mangled.

"Chr...Chrissy?" I manage through my gags and sobs, wondering if I'm having some sort of hallucinatory episode after hitting my head so hard. But once she's directly next to me, she kneels down, her gaping sockets just inches from my face.

"You left me, Ronnie," the disfigured monster sounds exactly like her and I squeeze my eyes shut, letting the tears pour. It feels like ages since I've heard her sweet voice, but it's anything but sweet now. It's terrifying. "You should've seen the signs, Ronnie."

"I tried to stay!" I shout, but after stroking my cheek she stands up with a disapproving look in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Chrissy! I tried!" It hurts so bad to yell, but I can't just let her go. Not again She turns away and I yell as another bat swoops down and latches onto my arm. I watch as she swivels back toward me, but her face is different.

It's not her. This person has blue eyes and long, brown hair. The figure shrinks a tad and I recognize her immediately. She looks just like she did three years ago.

"Veronica," Lucy Mackinaw cries, her hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. "Do you remember what you did to me? No? You don't remember dropping me in my first stunt freshman year? You don't remember backing up so I would hit the ground?"