12. vecna/henry/one

"Those stains are, uh

"Those stains are, uh...I don't know what those stains are," Eddie shuffles awkwardly as we stare at the mattress that the kids put down on the other side of the gate. The mattress is spotted with large, yellow-ish stains and Robin grunts in disgust beside me.

"So...We're supposed to land on Eddie's piss mattress?" I look around at the others who nod hesitantly, hints of nausea written on their faces. Eddie doesn't seem offended by my comment, just slightly embarrassed.

"It's all we got," Dustin shouts through the hole and I sigh, knowing i'd rather be on a piss filled mattress than in the upside down. Dustin grabs a set of sheets that he wrapped in a long, knotted rope and pulls it toward the gate. "Not quite sure how these physics work, but, uh...here goes nothing," He says before tossing the sheet rope above him into the hole. The rope falls down in front of us perfectly and Dustin grins in excitement. "And if my theory is correct," He lets go of the rope and it stays, floating between dimensions.

My brain cannot comprehend the science around it, but I just want to get out of here. "Pull it! See if it holds!" He calls out and Robin eases up to it. She rests her entire body weight on the rope and it doesn't nudge, arousing a victorious laugh from everybody.

"Guess I'm the guinea pig," Robin states as she grips onto the sheets and hoists herself up. She places her feet on each knot and lifts herself up with her arms, grunting. We watch as she climbs to the top, slipping through the gate and flipping upside down. The weight of gravity pulls her down and she lands on the piss mattress in shock. "That was fun," she laughs as Max, who came out of nowhere, lends out a hand to help.

The rest of us stare at each other, wondering which one of us is going to go next. Steve and Nancy don't appear to be going anywhere so, it's either me or Eddie.

"Go on, Campbell," Eddie gestures for me to go and I do, planting my feet on the first knot. "Let me help you," he offers as I look up at the gate, feeling somewhat nervous. I pull myself to the next knot as Eddie rests his hands beneath my thighs to help push me up. I become slightly distracted by the feeling of his hands on me, ignoring the fluttery feeling in my chest. I'd probably slap the shit out of him if it was a few days ago, but right now, I strangely don't care.

With one strong push from Eddie and pull from me, I'm sent through the gate and flipping onto my back with a yelp. As I land on Eddie's mattress I wince at the impact on my concussed head, but I let myself laugh a little because it was kind of fun. Robin helps me up and hugs me in relief that we're finally home.

Next, Eddie comes through, landing with a thud before sitting straight up. He looks around and catches my eye, smiling giddily.

"That was fun," He grins and Dustin helps him up, leading him over to me and Robin. We huddle together as we wait for Steve and Nancy to come through.