Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Miss

The next days, I was very distracted. And it didn't help that it was also the last week of our internship.

Of course, there's this extra pressure to do things a little bit better because then, we will finally receive our final evaluation. I know I did good in the past weeks, but it's also important to finish strong.

But... I didn't realize how much that talk affected me. And I say that because my co-interns will always point it out. Even Gulf has noticed that I have been spacing out lately. And, of course, I didn't know what to say. I feel like he already knows why I was like this, but I'm thankful that he's not bringing it up.

Even after he saw me crying after Bright and I talked that day, he didn't ask. I could feel that he wanted to ask me many questions, but in the end, he didn't. He just kept clenching his jaw, and his eyes looked like they were ready to hurt someone on the ride home.

"Win? Win!"

"S-Sorry, Ma'am!" I stood up and immediately apologized to Miss June, my supervisor.

Her left brow was raised when I looked at her, and I know she just caught me spacing out again. I bit my lips and dropped my eyes to the ground, pinching my fingers as I became more nervous and nervous because of her intense stares.

"I am just reminding you again that the deadline for the report is today, no later than 5 pm. I hope you didn't forget. I gave you three days to do that."

She walked away after that, not even throwing a glance at me. And... I didn't know if I should be grateful for that, because at least she didn't see how my jaw dropped right after what she said. It felt like all my blood left my body when I realized what I had done... or had not done.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I whispered to myself and immediately checked my email.

And there. I saw the task that was given to me last Monday. And at the end of the email sent by her was the deadline in italic and bold letters. My fingers trembled out of nervousness. I scrambled to my desk to look for the documents that I needed for my task, and it was like the Heavens hated me right now because I saw the documents lying there, untouched.

My hands started shaking, and my knees felt weak.

I have never been like this. I have never forgotten to do anything. May it be homework, projects, or favors from Gulf. I always do everything on time. Growing up, I always made sure that I wrote everything I needed to do, if not for the day, then for the whole week.

So, I didn't understand how I missed this. Every night, I always made sure that the following day was well planned. So... I didn't understand how I missed this.

I checked the time and saw that it just hit 12 noon. It was lunchtime already, but I didn't have the appetite to eat anymore. I sat at my desk and started reading the documents. I couldn't even understand what I was reading anymore because my heart was still pounding very loud.

"Win, you won't join us for lunch?" one of my co-interns asked. My teams were all already headed to the elevator when they turned to ask me.

I nervously smiled at her. I didn't know what I looked like, but I was sure I looked constipated because she suddenly seemed concerned for me.

"You okay?" Joline asked.

I bit my lips and looked at her. Even if I ask her for help, I am certain that I won't be able to finish it in only a few hours. It is also the reason why it was given to me a few days ahead because it was such a tedious task.

Maybe my eyes looked desperate for help. Because after a while of not answering, she suddenly turned to the whole team and said something. I watched them talk for a bit when I saw her walk up to me. She was in front of me when the rest of our team followed her to my desk.