Chapter 19

Chapter 19
Girlfriend

I wanted to run away.

I wanted to get out of there, find Gulf, and just go home. Because whatever this was making me feel... it was not good at all. This negative feeling I have right now is not healthy.

This feeling reminded me of what I felt that time when Bright was performing on the stage last year. This feeling reminded me of the time when I saw him with Elle. This feeling reminded me of the time when I saw him with Tontawan.

If I couldn't name it before, that was because I wasn't sure of my feelings for him. I wasn't sure what to call the irrational beating of my heart when he's there. I couldn't explain why I was always nervous when we were together, while also feeling happy and safe at the same time. I couldn't name them all.

But now... I can. Because I know myself better now. I could easily name whatever this is that I'm feeling. I know I'm jealous.

But if there's also something that I know about myself, I know that it's wrong to assume things. A lot of the time, asking is the answer to the problem. Just ask and talk... because sometimes, that's the only way to get the answer. The truth never comes from assumptions and speculations.

So even though I was feeling like this, I decided to walk toward them. They were still hugging tightly when Bright suddenly saw me.

His eyes widened a bit and his hands that were on Davikah's waist slowly pulled away. I smiled at him and waved a little.

"Love?" Bright called, still surprised.

My smile only grew wider because of that. It didn't matter to me anymore if I blushed in front of them. I didn't know why all my doubts earlier were suddenly erased when he called me with his endearment in front of her.

Davikah slowly pulled away from the hug too, as soon as she realized that Bright was not hugging her anymore. She then turned to me and I couldn't help but be in awe of her beauty.

She was even prettier up close. With her cat-like eyes, narrow pointed nose, and peach plump lips, she looked like a beautiful angel when she smiled at me.

"Hi..." I greeted Bright.

His eyes were still confused and worried at the same time. He's probably concerned because I never visit him here. I smiled at him again to reassure him that I was fine. I knew I should've just texted him that I was coming, but I also wanted to do what Gulf suggested—that I surprise him. But I guess instead of being surprised, he became worried.

He then heaved a sigh of relief before coming to me, pulling my arm toward him so he could kiss my cheek.

"You didn't text," he said and bore his eyes into me.

I pursed my lips. "Sorry... it was supposed to be a surprise."

He looked at me curiously like he was weighing my expression. I smiled at him and tried to equal his stares but my eyes kept drifting to the woman behind him. Bright must've noticed it because he glanced at his back and he almost palmed his face. It looked like he forgot about Davikah for a moment but he was able to quickly recover.

Still holding my arm, his hand slid down to clamp my hand. He pulled me until we were in front of Davikah, whose eyes were now on our holding hands.

"Win, meet Davikah, one of my high school friends," Bright pointed at her while smiling at me. "Davi, this is Metawin. My boyfriend..."

Davikah's lips parted a little when she looked at Bright, as if she couldn't believe what he had said. My eyebrows twitched because of that, but I didn't let it affect me. Her forehead slightly creased as well but when Bright smiled to confirm, the expression on her face gradually changed. She slowly nodded and let her lips form a sweet smile.