7

your pov:

I got ready to go on my date with Amber much earlier than it actually was. I couldn't help myself I couldn't wait to talk to her again in person. it's nice talking over text but her voice... it's so much better, especially in person.

I invited her on a date to a local park area it was beautiful. there are a lot of cool little areas like a little wooden bridge a pond with ducks and in the main area, there's a stunning water fountain. I feel like it won't compare to her date expense-wise... but it's beautiful and romantic there. hopefully, she'll think too I'm kind of nervous she won't i'm sure she's used to finer amenities than a city park... I said to meet at 2:30 but I was already ready however it was only 12:00.

I started to try to busy myself to not only calm my nerves but also to help time pass. What could I do while waiting? I look around my room. there wasn't much that I needed. then I saw it the outfit I was wearing had a hole in the sleeve of my sweater.

nobody's pov:

you sighed you really liked this sweater. you grabbed your bag it had your bank card in it. you decided you would rather go and buy a new sweater. you wanted to look your best for Amber. since she always looks so amazing when you see her. even if you've only seen her in person once. If you think you have enough money in your bank surely a sweater can't cost that much. you begin to walk to your favourite clothes shop it has all the best clothes for great prices in your opinion.

halfway into your walk, however, out of the corner of your eye, you kept seeing the same man trailing behind you which made you nervous. was he following you? y/n decided to walk a little faster and held on to her bag trying to feel some false sense of comfort. after what seemed like a minute you saw the figure much closer and before you could say something they had grabbed your shoulder.

Your eyes widened as you saw a tired-looking guy with greasy hair who smelt like booze say "C'mon sweetie, give me a smile" You quickly tug away scared as you tried to take a few steps back but he just steps closer. "fuck off why should I smile at a prick like you" you say pushing him away.

you didn't usually swear as it felt a little weird since your mother would always scold you if you ever even came close to saying one. just before he was about to talk again and stepped closer. a woman approached and slipped him a 50-pound note without you realising. she had blond curly hair and was taller than you she suddenly started to speak "Leave my girl alone" She put an arm around you possesively. you find yourself blushing a little from the sudden touch "She's taken" he left surprisingly easily you thought as he just turned back and walked the other way without any sign of a fight.

you looked up at her surprised and thanked her. She laughed a little as you thanked her "Of course for a pretty little thing like you" You feel a little blush rise again from the sudden compliments. "thank you..." you didn't know what to call her. "Lilith," she said smiling. unbeknownst to you, this was Amber's ex-wife. and it was no coincidence that she 'saved' you. lilith had planned for this she had paid the guy 50 before and 50 after to help her out. " how about I take you where you're going pretty girl I wouldn't want you to be alone in these streets not with a face like yours" her voice sounded a little too charming and forced to you but you didn't say anything. "oh..um sure" you didn't want to say no after all that encounter did make you a little jumpy. the walk there was a little awkward, for you. Lilith kept berating you with compliments that after the 5th or 6th didn't really seem too genuine. you couldn't really get a word in she talked an awful lot and not in a cute ramble way... more like an I'm amazing and I want everyone to think I am too way.

when you finally got to the store you thought Lilith would say goodbye but she didn't. lilith didn't let it show but she hated the shop you went in. She was used to high-priced shops like Dolce & Gabbana, Victoria Secret, and forever21. however, she followed you in and helped you pick out a new sweater intending on picking one Amber would hate. she insisted you bought one she picked. lilith chose one she thought Amber would hate it was a deep cadmium green. however cadmium green was one of your favourites. it was lucky that the one you wanted was the one she chose because you didn't want to say no to her as she was being so thoughtful to you or at least that's what you thought. you cringed at the price. it was undoubtedly overpriced at 42 pounds. Lilith notices this and smirks holding in a small laugh. "is that all you needed?" Lilith asks with a plastered-on fake eye-closed smile. you nod as you fumble to get your card and grab the wrong one not realising.

the cashier quickly scans the sweater asking "Is that all?" you nod and say "Yes thanks" It was a small meaningless exchange of words you go to scan your card contactless but it doesn't go through you give a confused look and laugh nervously you look at your card realising it was the wrong one "oh wrong card-" before you can finish your sentence and start to fumble for your other card in your purse Lilith had already paid with her platinum card. you look shocked she has a platinum card. "oh i-um..., you didn't have to do that but thanks" you say nervously.

"of course pretty girl" You smile awkwardly who the hell was this woman not anyone has a platinum bank card.

as you leave the store Lilith keeps following you. you feel awkward not knowing what to do." so where are you going y/n?" you were confused you didn't tell her your name. did you? You laugh awkwardly again replying sheepishly "I'm um... going on a date later" Lilith put on a disappointed face before asking "Could I still get your number..?" She looked with pleading eyes at you. you bit your lip thinking about all the nice stuff she's done for you. She seemed like a good person. "yeah sure" you said a bit reluctant when you thought about Amber.