2'

Episode 2; Gift

After I walked out of the doctor's office I quickly made a beeline to the pharmacy which was situated just outside the reception I gave the man in charge the prescription slip. Luckily I brought my credit card with me so I paid through pos and collected the medications.

:-!

A nurse stopped me on my way and told me my wife had been moved to room 7 in ward 1 and the baby is currently inside an incubator we have to monitor her for some time. Alhamdulillah it's a girl I said in my head that has always been my wife's dream to give birth to another baby girl after flashing her a smile I made my way towards the room.

I pushed the door open carefully and I met with the sight of my wife lying lifelessly on the hospital bed wearing the normal hospital blue gown with blood being transferred.

I kissed her forehead praying for her quick recovery before seating on a white plastic chair near her bed.

I didn't Know when sleep over took me till I heard the Aazan for fajr prayer. I got up and stretched my cramped muscles due to the uncomfortable position I slept I guess.

I went to the masjid and prayed making sure I prolonged my sujood asking for my wife and baby girl to be alright.

When I went back she was wide awake and I was welcomed with a weak smile to which I  reciprocated. I trugged towards the bed and gently hugged her making sure I was extra careful.

"Thank you Hayatee it's a girl" I said and kissed her cheeks just on cue the nurse brought in the baby asking her mother to feed her.After she fed her the nurse asked of her name in other to attach it to her incubator.

I looked at my wife before I replied Her name is Hidaya. Because to me she is a gift from Allah (swt). After the nurse placed her carefully back into the incubator she wrote  Baby Hidaya on a sticky note and sticked it to the incubators wall.

;-)

"Assalamu Alaikum Abba,Ibrahim ne (peace be upon you Abba, it's Ibrahim) I called to inform you that Hajara has given birth, earlier I couldn't call because it was late..uhmm.. Stars hospital..toh Allah ya kawo ku lafiya"he said before ending the call.

Soon enough the room was trooping with family and friends guess the news spreaded like wild fire. Almost everyone came with one thing or the other it's either food,water or fruits

"Daddyyy"A voice called out while he was walking on the hospitals corridor and a girl wearing a pink gown with black cap with a very wide smile on her face ran to hug her father to which he carried her and twirled her around.

"Daddy izit true that mummy hash another baby"she asked in her cute baby voice.

"Yes my love she has"he replied while pinching her cheeks a little "

But I don't like her" she said at the verge of tears

"Hmmm ok let's see he said maybe you don't want more chocolates,more teddies and someone you can have a tea party with instead of Dolly and chichi well Dolly and chichi are the name of her tea party teddies.she would even call you Adda or Yaya siyama any one you want.but I guess I will just return the baby"He said feign a sad face

"Noooo Daddy  want" she said with enthusiasm
"you see Daddy I can even wash her hair and bath her when am like this" she said  while making a gesture with her hands which means if she is tall.

"Yes my dear and you would even return back home with us" he replied to which she squealed and hugged him.

"Thank you Daddy"she said smiling from ear to ear

He let her go after making sure she went back inside the room before heading to his car and zoomed off he wants to go home and wash off all the hospital smell of antiseptic and whatnot and pack some clothes for both the mother and child

*************************

Assalamu Alaikum Everyone 💕

How was the chapter? Short right?
We have out baby Hidaya up there!!
Rate it on a scale of 0-10!!

Have you shared this book with your friends? If no what are you waiting for!! Tag your friends to tag their friends to please check out this book!!

Random; Instagram or Tiktok?

Let's interact in the comment section!!

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Tag.

With love A&M✨