19'

Episode 19; Neehals graduation
Neehals POV

"Mommy when will hidaya come? Or she won't attend my grad?" Neehal asked  sadly, it has not been easy for her living without her sister but she eventually accepted it, it's been 7 long months without her sister.

"Neehal I won't lie to you but I don't know, I will ask aunty abu and hear if they are coming anytime soon" mommy said sitting close to her.

"Please beg them to come" she asked taking a hold of her mom's hand

"Neehal you know they are staying in a different country, before they get here it's another cost and you know they both go to work, Kuma your sister attends therapy session almost everyday so we won't want to disrupt their sessions' mommy said trying to make her understand.

"Allah sarki, I pray they will make it. If they don't come I won't do the dinner, I will just go to school and come back har se sunzo( until they come)" she said tears brimming up in her eyes.

"Whatever you wish, you can call them and ask when they are coming ai" mommy suggested

"I will call adda marwa and ask her" she said and mommy replied "anything you want" before leaving the room.

"Hello neehal it's adda, how are you?, how is school?" Adda marwa asked after picking on the Fourth ring.

"All fine adda marwa. Ya aiki(How is work)? How is aunty abu and neehal doing" I asked

"We are all fine my dear, you are missing your sister right that's why you called" adda marwa said,In a sleepy tone.

"Yeah I am missing her but that was not why I called" I replied

"Okay then I am all ears" she said repairing her sitting position

"Adda marwa please when next are you coming to Nigeria because my grad is In a month time in shaa Allah and I really want hidaya to attend it" neehal said not wasting her time

"Toh let me not lie to you, I don't think we can make it gaskiya, airplane fare is expensive and we are all busy, so let's see dey. Not making any promises though
"

"Okay adda please try and make it, we really miss all of you. How is Hidaya? I hope there are improvements regarding her condition" neehal asked, loosing fate about them Coming.

"In shaa Allah we will discuss with mama, neehal there is much improvement fa Masha Allah, she is getting better slowly. We do gist a lot, she is more calm now and she is okay" adda marwa replied with hapiness laced in her tone.

"Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah. Which favor of your lord will you then deny?, I never knew a day like this will come in my life when I will hear this. Adda marwa I am so  so happy. Alhamdulilah Alhamdulilah. Infact let me perform sujudul shukr to thank my lord everything will not have happened without his will" an over excited neehal stated

"Walahi I am as happy as you are, let me take the phone to her sef, she is in the kitchen with mama preparing dinner" adda marwa said wearing her flip flop

"The kitchen is her favorite place and her hands are blessed. Ma shaa Allah" neehal said remembering the variety of delicacy's they used to prepare together.

"Hidaya bring the cucumber let me cut it and go speak with your sister" adda Marwa passes the phone as Hida kept the knife and collected the phone, it was a video call.

"Hida how are you" neehal asked waving at her sister with a big beautiful smile plastered on her lips.

"I am fine neehal, ya kike?how is mommy" she asked waving back at her.

"We are fine neehal, you feel a lot better right and I know you enjoy adda marwa's company" neehal asked

"Yes Alhamdulilah, marwa is so nice and friendly. We cook new cuisines everyday" hidaya said. I can still feel that she has not gotten full

"Ohhhh that's nice then, and you explore places right?" neehal asked

Ehhen, when we get back from the hospital we go for strolling before we come and cook, sometimes we are lucky aunty abu comes back before us and she will prepare something nice for us"

By now it means you have gone almost everywhere in London right

Not really, we are taking it bit by bit but we have gone to most of the places, you should come and join us here you and mommy

Ma shaa Allah, we will come very soon. Here is mommy, speak to her she misses you so much

They spoke for a while before the call came to an end and they called it a day,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
A month later ( neehals Grad day)

I woke up as early as I could today, the fact that I am graduating from secondary school is still sounding like lies to my ears, it was a hell of a bumpy ride.

School life was never easy, waking up in the morning and getting dressed in school uniform, at times when you get to school you meet that one or two teacher(s) that disturbs your life and some certain students you don't like.

when you plan on going home to rest math and English teachers always gives assignments, we tend to wonder what "finding X and Y" will add to us in our life or making us write an essay about your "favorite food" can you imagine?, or those boring literature novels we were forced to read and irritating government topics.

Yhhh I am now an art student, I am gonna read criminology! tho I was once a science student back in ss1, i then later developed a passion for criminology and I packed my bags and left for art class. But am done with it now, done and dusted for that matter. Alhamdulilah😮‍💨✌️

I am equally sad that my sister won't be able to attend my grad. It's the condition of the country at hand that if causing all this, I have postponed my grad dinner until she is back. It was not easy convincing dad as he kept saying what importance will she add to the dinner, well that's his own head ache to deal with. All that I know is that my sister has to attend my dinner and that's final.

I got dressed in my perfectly ironed school uniform and put on my graduation gown and cap, wore my polished shoe and picked my Nafs Collection limited edition hand bag.

I stuffed my bag with with some pocket tissue and my kyliecosmetics lipgloss, I also picked up my mac powder because I know I will definitely cry today. I can even feel the tears pulling up at my chest but I have to calm down let me at least get to the stage and say my speech as the bold Neehal Ibrahim I am.

We got to my school late, i always take my time, the fact that I am graduating will be doubled. I did my speech and got my. Awards, I cried a bit on the stage because I was proud of myself and happy that I did it.

The fact that hidaya is not here to jubilate with me is sad  but we plan, Allah plans and he is the best of planners. We snapped a lot of pictures and later got back home.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

*********

"Hello Mahmood we have just landed and I can't seem to see you anywhere, I am  at Nmandi Azikiwe's airport please get here as soon as possible" someone states over the phone.

***********
Hello👋👋

How are you? How is the election going. For those voting, please pray before you place your thumb on the ballot paper and at thesame time pray he will be the best choice for us and he will have mercy on us

Ya illahi, I willl definitely miss buhari🥺. He did his possible best even though at a point we didn't see it. But I for one enjoyed a bit and suffered a bit also during his tenure
This is quiet emotional. Growing up to know buhari through out and then all of a sudden finding out he is done. Makes my heart misty, it was a bumpy ride with you buhari and no offense I enjoyed my days with him as the president. I Sha don't know if it is for everyone.......Ya Allah kar Ka barmu da zabin mu Idan ba alheri bane a gare mu!!

Well no long grammar 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

Random; Snapchat or Instagram?

Don't forget the usuals please
Vote
Share
Comment

With love A&M