|66|

| Luca |

"Breaking news: Multi Millionaire Sandy Byron has been accused of human trafficking as of this morning. The evident brought forward dates back to 2003 when a group of young children, male and female, were abducted in South Africa, Durban North. The police reports states that Mr Byron worked alongside the masterminds behind this criminal ac-"

"What the fuck?" I murmured to myself, watching the news live right at the foyer.

"Mr Byron's trial is yet to be announced as he is facing severe charges,"

"Sir?" I turned to the receptionist, Ashley. "Isn't that the man who you were going to sign a deal with?" she inquired looking at the television hoisted up.

"It is. Well, good thing I called off the meeting," I said shaking my head.

"Good riddance. He's bad news," she said. "That was a close call, Mr Las," she added offering a smile.

"Yeah," I excused myself and went back to the office. I passed by Shaun's office. "Hey babe, did you see the news?"

"Yeah, I'm looking at them now," he said keeping his eyes on the iPad in hand. "This doesn't make any sense. Sandy wouldn't let this leak. Something is up here," he frowned.

I rounded the table and plopped myself on his lap. "Aren't you happy baby? This is good news for us. He's finally paying,"

"I know love, but this still doesn't make any sense. These articles suddenly showing up and the evidence dating way back, it doesn't add up. Somebody must be behind this. And why would they want to leak outdated intel when they should be putting him behind bars,"

"But he'll be facing trial pretty soon. That should be eno-"

"We both know that it won't do anything, love. The same way this disappeared years ago, it can still happen. He's got the Mafia on his side, remember? And if anything, this is going to rile him up,"

"Well..." fuck, I got too excited and I didn't think that far. "Who could be behind this though?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," he said with a sigh, leaning back on the chair. His hands roamed my body mindlessly as he closed his eyes. I eyed him closely, I noticed the faint dark marks under his eyes and traced them gently.

"You're okay baby?" his eyes opened to look at me.

"Yeah, I'm good," he said squeezing my ass. I bit back a moan, knowing he's trying to divert my attention elsewhere. Besides, I was a little too sore to engage in any sexual activity, courtesy of Princesa's teasing.

"Baby..." I prodded, trying to pry his hands off my ass. Trying being the key word.

"I'm fine," he said smirking when I moaned as he continously groped me. "Got a pretty awesome stress ball right here," I swatted his biceps.

"Be serious, baby," I scolded him. "I can tell you are not okay," I said.

"And I'm telling you that I'm fine," he said. "Maybe just a little bit freaked out about whatever's going on in bunny's head," I grimaced at the statement.

"Well, I can't say I blame you," I said with a sigh. "Maybe we should just tell her. I mean, what are the chances that she already knows," Shaun eyed me quietly.

"Are you okay with that?" he asked me and I want to cease to exist. "I know that you're a little scared about her changing her mind about us,"

"She won't," I said quickly and blanched a second later. I was more or less convincing myself more than Shaun. "Oh God, what if she hates me? Or better yet, she gets scared of me. Do you think they had a video? Of the warehouse?"