Awkward Care

The early Monday morning light was blinding, making a certain co-founder of Syntec put on the stupid bright blue sun-glass his partner got him as he drove to work. He pulled into the parking lot, trying to avoid getting seen by employees walking into his building. He turned into his parking space, turning off the car. He glanced around, making sure no one saw him with the glasses on.

He tossed the ugly shades into the center console, taking a deep breath as he shut it. He grabbed the files on the passenger seat, and grabbed the suitcase on the floor. He hopped out of the car, slamming the door shut.

He walked into the building, nodding to April as he did, who nodded back respectfully. He walked down the hall, looking around the lab as he passed by it.

"Morning Nel!" Nelson groaned as he turned to his partner, who was standing in the lab next to their lead-scientist. Both of them had come to the second location for a project instead of location one where they normally were at. Deb looked over her shoulder to him, a small smile on her face. Nelson rolled his eyes at his younger partner, but did give his lead-scientist a small wave.

"Good morning..." Nelson paused as a grin pulled at his lips, "Wezley'' his grin widened when he saw Deborah cupped her mouth immediately. He turned down a hall with a pep in his step, enjoying the sound of his partners grumbling as he walked away.

He opened the door to his office, tossing the file onto the desk. He looked around his desk for some papers Autumn should have dropped off in his office last night. After a few moments of looking around the neatly organized desk. He sighed after a moment of searching and walked back over to the door.

He walked down the hall a little bit, stopping in front of the fourth office, Autumn's office. He knocked on the door waiting for a few minutes, but his impatience got the best of him. He grabbed the knob and twisted it. Pushing open the door, grimacing at the sunlight that shone through the window.

"Autumn. . .?" Nelson grumbled, he walked into the office over to the window. He shut the blinds, blinking away the dots in his vision.

Nelson looked over to his right to see his technical assistant asleep on her desk. The desk was attached to the wall, with a bookshelf attached to the left of it. A large white lamp was sitting on a cabinet next to the desk.

Nelson froze up seeing the red-head sleeping peacefully on her desk. Now uncomfortable and very awkward, he looked back at the door for an escape. He slowly tried to creep back over to the door. Only to freeze up again when he heard Autumn grumble and shift around on her desk.

Nelson could see goose-bumbs covering her arms, as well as the back of her neck. The co-founder stared awkwardly at his assistant for a few moments, before quietly sighing to himself.

He took off his jacket, carefully placing it over Autumn's shoulders. Awkwardly took the papers he had been looking for off her desk, he stood there looking through the papers. Then quickly he left the office without any issues this time.

He slowly shut the door behind him, careful with the papers in his hand. Nelson sighed in relief, turning away from the door, only to find Deborah standing right behind him.

"Where's your jacket?" Deb asked, pointing a pen she had at his chest. An uncommon grin on her lips at her boss's panicked expression.

Nelson stared at her for a few seconds, "You tell Wesley about this and I will fire you without hesitation" he growled. He sighed and looked away from her, attempting to hide the redness on his cheeks.

Deb still tilted her head curiously at him. Nelson sighed, "Autumn fell asleep at her desk... I think she was here all night for some reason. She looked cold so I gave her my jacket".

The blonde woman looked surprised at that, which offended him deeply, but her smug grin turned into a fond smile. "That's very kind of you Mr. Syphus" She hummed, looking down at her clipboard.

"Why do you seem so surprised?" He asked, walking to his office with D following him.

"It's just you've. . . never done anything like that for her. I mean it's usually her always worrying and helping you" She explained, speeding up a bit to keep up with him.

"I. . ." Nelson fell silent, unsure of how to defend himself. "Maybe I need to change that. . ." he muttered.

"Hey Deborah?" The blonde looked over her shoulder to the red-head behind her, holding a black suit jacket in her hands.

"Good even Autumn" Deb smiled friendly to her, which seemed to surprise her.

Autumn shifted awkwardly, "Do you know whose this is?" she lifted up the jacket in her hands. Deb looked around the lab, searching for the butterscotch man.

"It's Nelson's" She grinned when Autumn's face brightened, looking back down to the jacket like it had suddenly just had much more value then before. She blinked a few times, before just turning around and walking away from Deb, towards Nelson's office.

"What was that about?" Wes asked, only to get hit with some papers from startling his lover.

"WESLEY NATHANIAL STOP SNEAKING UP ON ME!"

"Sorry darling..."