Chapter 9

Sofia's PoV

After breakfast, Hugo and I decided to take our flying horses out for a ride, despite my feeling weak and stressed. I pushed through, hoping the fresh air would help clear my mind.

As we soared through the skies, my head began to spin, and I felt myself losing consciousness. Hugo's frantic calls were the last thing I heard before darkness consumed me.

Slowly, I regained awareness, finding myself back in my bed, with Hugo and Amber at my side.

Coughing gently, I accepted the water Hugo offered, grateful for his concern. Amber's eyes held a mixture of worry and curiosity as she bombarded me with questions.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? Why are you so stressed, Sofia?" she fired off in rapid succession.

"Hey, hey, one question at a time," I chuckled weakly. "I'm alright, just overwhelmed with my protector duties and some unfinished business."

Amber's concern deepened. "Does Hugo know about this?"

I shook my head. "Not yet."

"Well, you should tell him soon," she advised firmly.

I agreed with a nod. "I know."

Amber brightened suddenly. "I have an idea. Why don't we host a big sleepover? Invite all our old friends from RPA and our school pals. It could be a great distraction."

I smiled weakly. "That sounds wonderful. Let's do it."

"Great! I'll go talk to Dad and start planning. You should rest," Amber suggested, bustling out of the room.

"Thanks, Amber," I called after her.

Alone with Hugo, his concern was palpable. "Are you really okay, Sofia?"

I reassured him with a weak smile. "I'll be fine, Hugo. Just need some rest."

His eyes searched mine, his worry evident. "I feel like there's something you're not telling me. Is there?"

I hesitated, then sighed. "There are things, Hugo. But I promise, I'll tell you when the time's right."

He nodded, though the worry didn't fade from his expression. "Okay. Just promise me you'll take care of yourself."

"I promise," I said softly.

"Good. How about we watch a movie? Try to take your mind off things," he suggested, trying to lighten the mood.

I nodded gratefully, appreciating his efforts to distract me.

And so, we spent the rest of the day together, finding solace in each other's company as we waited for whatever the future held.

Sorry for the short chapter

(REWRITTEN)