chapter 21

sofia pov

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the Enchanted Forest, Hugo and I made our way back to the castle, our hearts light with the day's accomplishments. As we walked, the air hummed with the gentle melody of nature, a soothing symphony that seemed to echo our shared sense of contentment.

As we approached the castle gates, Hugo turned to me with a playful glint in his eyes. "You know, Sofia, I never imagined I'd be spending my days training to be a protector in the Enchanted Forest."

I chuckled, the sound ringing out melodiously in the twilight. "Life has a funny way of surprising us, doesn't it? But I have to say, I'm glad you're here with me, Hugo."

Hugo smiled warmly, his gaze softening as he reached for my hand. "Me too, Sofia. Me too."

As we entered the castle grounds, we were greeted by the familiar hustle and bustle of the royal household. Baileywick bustled about, his ever-efficient demeanor a reassuring presence in the midst of the chaos.

"Sofia, Hugo, welcome back!" Baileywick exclaimed, his voice carrying over the courtyard. "I trust your training session went well?"

I nodded, a grin spreading across my face. "It went better than expected, Baileywick. Hugo is proving to be quite the natural."

Baileywick beamed, his eyes twinkling with pride. "I'm glad to hear it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some matters to attend to in the castle."

With a nod of farewell, Baileywick hurried off, leaving Hugo and me alone in the courtyard. The air was filled with a sense of quiet serenity, a welcome respite from the demands of the day.

"So, what do you say we grab a bite to eat?" Hugo suggested, his stomach growling in agreement.

I laughed, the sound echoing off the castle walls. "Sounds like a plan. Let's head to the dining hall."

As we made our way to the dining hall, the aroma of freshly baked bread and savory stews wafted through the air, tantalizing our senses. We found a table near the window, the fading light casting a soft glow over the room.

As we ate, our conversation drifted from training to more lighthearted topics. Hugo regaled me with tales of his adventures at Royal Prep, his stories filled with laughter and camaraderie.

"So, Sofia, what about you? Any memorable moments from your time at Royal Prep?" Hugo asked, curiosity shining in his eyes.

I smiled, memories flooding my mind. "Oh, plenty. Like the time we helped Princess Elena of Avalor escape from the clutches of an evil sorceress."

Hugo's eyes widened in disbelief. "Seriously? That sounds like something out of a storybook."

"It was quite the adventure, that's for sure," I replied, a hint of nostalgia coloring my voice.

my mind drifted to one particular memory that had always held a special place in my heart. "You know, Hugo," I began, a fond smile playing on my lips, "my most favorite memory from Royal Prep was when we were ice dancing partners."

Hugo's eyes lit up with recognition as he nodded, his own smile mirroring mine. "I remember that day like it was yesterday," he replied, his voice tinged with nostalgia.

"We spent hours practicing our routine, perfecting every twirl and spin," I continued, the memories flooding back with vivid clarity. "And when we finally performed it for the Winter Ball, it felt like magic."

Hugo's gaze softened as he reached across the table, his hand finding mine. "That was one of the best nights of my life, Sofia," he confessed, his voice filled with sincerity.

I felt a warm rush of affection wash over me as I squeezed his hand gently. "Mine too, Hugo. And you know what my favorite part was?"

"What's that?" Hugo asked, his curiosity piqued.

"After our performance, when you thanked me for being your partner," I replied, a soft blush coloring my cheeks. "And then, we had our first kiss."

Hugo's eyes sparkled with warmth as he leaned in closer, his voice barely above a whisper. "That was the moment I knew, Sofia. The moment I realized just how much you meant to me."

As we finished our meal, the castle was bathed in the soft glow of twilight, a tranquil oasis amidst the chaos of the outside world. With each passing moment, I felt a profound sense of gratitude for the moments we shared, knowing that together, we were capable of overcoming any obstacle that came our way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote & comment :)