[ch-2] Magnetic

Both Jungkook and my houseowner are standing mid-driveway discussing stuff. I heard 2 or 3 words and with those words I can confirm my houseowner has no idea about Jungkook.

I was sitting in the steps in the house entrance. Suddenly Jungkook looked at me and asked something to my houseowner. My houseowner approached me with a swift walk.

"Are you ok about staying with a guy?, you can tell if you don't want to. Even he thinks you'll be uncomfortable" he said without giving me a say.

He again started say something but I cut him off with, 'It's completely alright, he is a good guy'
He still did not look pleased but nodded for my sake.

He again started with the endless questions with Jungkook.

He later left after giving Jungkook a frim handshake and waved at me before he driven away in his car from the driveway.

Jungkook was already on a call by now, for his stuffs I guess. I opened the main door and entered the house.

I reached my room in the first floor and searched for the extra keys. I grabbed them as I found them and went downstairs.

His stuff has already arrived, 3 men worked their way in and out carrying the boxes, even in this late evening they were buzzed. I gave the keys to Jungkook who was still on the same call.

I made my way to the kitchen to prepare dinner. There was already take out food and enough groceries for 2 weeks on the counter top. How this fast?, maybe he already bought them on his way here.

I filled 3 glasses with water and brought them to the living area, they were already done with the work 'Impressive right'. I gave them water, they drank and left. Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. I searched around roughly.

He was in the the balcony, talking to the same person, the tone he was talking was different than usual.

He was slowly turning around, to leave I guess. Out of nowhere he giggled like a baby and got startled by my presence simultaneously.

He excused himself and cut the call. He said in his usual tone about getting dinner and some groceries on his way here.

I said that I was going to eat as I'm hungry, he said he'll join. We were in the kitchen eating on silence, I broke it.

"Where does your family or guardian live?" I asked out of blue. 'The silence was awkward ok, I wasn't able to deal with it anymore'.

He look up and raised a single eyebrow, staring me down like I asked half of his family's inheritance. He looked too offended.

"Hey why are you looking at me like that?!, I just wanted to know about my housemate is that wrong?" I defended myself.

He dropped down his eyebrow and shook his head. "Tell me your love story and I'll tell you about my family"he asked with a teasing expression.

My brain malfunctioned again, I started stuttering. "I don't have a l-love story, what are you talking a-about?"

He relaxingly leaned to his left, placing his elbow on the counter top and palm under his chin. "Taehyungie hyung?" He said, more of whispered into the cool night air.

My lips dryed out, 'He's my best friend's crush. I'm not even allowed to like him. he's not supposed to like me but he sounds like he do. But here the situation is more worse, people think we are dating'.